Unlike Priyanka and Deepika, Kareena ‘doesn’t want to conquer the world’
While Bollywood actresses like Priyanka Chopra and Deepika Padukone are making a splash in the West, their contemporary Kareena Kapoor Khan has no such ambitions.
The actress says she has no ambition to go globe-trotting with her talent and is happy to have “a little place of her own”.
“My priorities are very different. The kind of work that these girls have put in, you need to have that kind of dedication of wanting to achieve so much and do it so wonderfully. I don’t want to conquer the world but I don’t mind having a little place of my own. It’s as simple as that,” said Kareena.
After creating waves with her musical skills, Priyanka came into the limelight with her TV show “Quantico” and is in the news for her much-anticipated debut film “Baywatch”. Deepika will be making her Hollywood debut with “xXx: The Return of Xander Cage”.
Kareena shared her views about her life as a star, getting associated with social causes and what she regrets in an interview by writer Naman Ramachandran for the July 2016 issue of Vogue India. It will be out on the stands on July 2, read a statement.
Kareena, who is married to actor Saif Ali Khan, is a Unicef ambassador but prefers to do the work quietly.
“Spreading the word about causes is nice but talking about my personal charity is something I don’t like to do. But of course, I am a celebrity advocate for Unicef and we have worked closely over the last four years for the education of the girl child in India. That is something I am passionate about because education is something I believe in completely,” the “Jab We Met” actress said.
The actress shared that she still regrets ditching college for showbiz.
“I couldn’t complete my education. I kind of rushed into films, so I think that’s a sensitive part of my life and I always regret I never got to go to college,” she said.
Besides reading film scripts, there is something else that is keeping Kareena occupied these days: a wellness blog in association with nutritionist Rujuta Diwekar, author of books like “Don’t Lose Your Mind, Lose Your Weight”.
“We are thinking about a blog that addresses women and their problems in terms of food and exercise, pregnancy, menopause… So many different topics,” she said.
The actress is currently riding high on the success of her latest release “Udta Punjab”.
So where does Kareena see herself a decade down the line?
“Hopefully giving another interview, making some sense, working all my life. I think we are in the habit of aping the West a lot. And the West has amazing actors who are married and with children. It has never stopped them. I think we are getting there,” she said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Twinkle Khanna shared a funny experience from her recent doctor's visit and joked about being a 'long-standing member of Giri Hui Aurat Club'.
- Hema Malini, who will be seen as a guest in an upcoming episode of Indian Idol 12, opened up about how her father tried to keep her away from Dharmendra.
- Tamannaah Bhatia is currently in Jaipur, enjoying the pre-wedding functions of her best friend Hanna Khan. See pictures from sangeet and mehendi ceremonies.
- Bhumi Pednekar's sea-facing apartment in Mumbai features a potpourri of elements, including a beautiful garden, a grand chandelier and a small filmy spot.
- Director Sooni Taraporevala has clarified that her accusations of plagiarism against the creatives behind an apparel ad have nothing to do with Deepika Padukone, who was featured in it.
- Tiger Shroff is among the most successful young stars. In an old interview, he had explained why buying a house for his parents was his most heroic act, off the screen.
- Kangana Ranaut alleged that no architect is willing to restore her office in Mumbai after it was partially demolished by the BMC last year, as they are being threatened with cancellation of their licenses.
Richa Chadha: Policymakers should be mindful; bring down ticket costs, so cinema doesn’t become a novelty
- Sushant Singh Rajput's sister, Shweta Singh Kirti, has penned a note about not getting closure in the actor's death case.
- Netflix India on Wednesday announced its slate of content for 2021, which includes the second season of Fabulous Lives of Bollywood Wives, the new Abbas-Mustan film, new projects from Karan Johar, Mani Ratnam and others.
- Urmila Matondkar shared a throwback picture with husband Mohsin Akhtar Mir on their 5th wedding anniversary. She handpicked a special moment from the ceremony. See here.
- Sanjana Sanghi played a small role in Irrfan Khan's Hindi Medium. The actor has now opened up about the acting lessons she learned from Irrfan.