Varun Dhawan slams report of ‘split wide open’ with father David Dhawan: ‘Maybe you shouldn’t write on my behalf’
Actor Varun Dhawan took to Twitter on Wednesday to refute news report of a rift with his filmmaker father, David Dhawan. The report said that the two were in disagreement over how to release their film,Coolie No 1.
Varun wrote that the publication should not write articles on his behalf. “Maybe until I don’t give you an interview you shouldn’t write on my behalf sir,” he wrote and added a ‘folded hands’ emoji.
The report suggested that due to the delay in the film’s release amid the coronavirus pandemic, David was considering releasing the film on OTT. However, Varun is against the idea as he ‘doesn’t want to be labeled an OTT actor, at least not yet.’
Coolie No 1 is a remake of David’s 1995 movie of the same name, starring Govinda and Karisma Kapoor. The new version stars Varun opposite Sara Ali Khan.
Speaking about working with his son, David had told Hindustan Times in an interview, “All my life I’ve worked with every hero in the industry, from Amitabh Bachchan to Riteish Deshmukh, over 35 of them. Now, with my son, I’ve found the comfort level so I’m enjoying. If he wasn’t good, I’d not have cast him in my films, that way I’m very professional. I told him, ‘don’t spoil my work’. But he’s extremely disciplined.”
Varun said, “I feel pressure with every film, not just in dad’s films. The screenplay of Coolie No 1 is outstanding. The film is coming back after 25 years. The premise has changed but the essence remains the same. I wanted to do the film because of the story and screenplay. It is going to be fun working with Sara (Ali Khan) and also Paresh Rawal.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Irrfan Khan's son Babil got a detailed message from the actor's The Namesake co-star Kal Penn who said that he wasn't sure how to get in touch with the family to share his love and gratitude.
- Sara Ali Khan has shared a few adorable pictures with cousin Inaaya Naumi Kemmu (daughter of her aunt Soha Ali Khan) and the two have been called ‘cuteness queens’ by the internet.
- Ranveer Singh's sister Ritika Bhavnani celebrated her birthday on Saturday and the entire Bhavnani family came together to celebrate the occasion by stepping out for a family dinner.
- Actor Ameesha Patel took to her social media accounts on Saturday to seemingly address reports that she'd defrauded a businessman.
- Genelia D'Souza once teased sons Rahyl and Riaan about Riteish Deshmukh's 'new girlfriend'. She said that the boys got rather 'upset' with him over the joke.
Akshay Oberoi: Acting is not a sport or a game, you’re just competing with yourself and your last performance
- Called a 'truly clueless, uneducated, stupid human being' on Twitter, Kangana Ranaut said that her tweets are intended for 'high IQ people'.
- Babil Khan got emotional as he stumbled upon old messages from his father, the late Irrfan Khan, while deleting unnecessary texts from his phone.
- Hrithik Roshan, in an interview in 2017, said that he was at a good place in his life and was not thinking about getting married again. He was previously married to Sussanne Khan.
- Parineeti Chopra reminisced about many of her firsts in a new video for Netflix India. Watch it here.
- Bipasha Basu and her husband, Karan Singh Grover, have been keeping their fans updated with their adventures in the Maldives. See their pictures here.
- Milind Soman and his wife, Ankita Konwar, took to Instagram on Saturday to celebrate seven years of their relationship. See the pictures here.