Vidya Balan all set to go back to Kolkata soon
Director Sujoy Ghosh, who tasted unprecedented success with his last film Kahaani earlier this year, has already geared up to make its sequel. There was news of actor Vidya Balan, who played the protagonist Vidya Bagchi in the film, reprising her role for the sequel. Sujoy, finally, puts the rumours to rest by saying, “How can I alter the central character of the original? It’s all about Vidya.”
Sujoy has already started writing the sequel and he maintains that it will be a fresh story keeping the central character in mind.
“It will be a continuation of the journey of Vidya Bagchi,” says Sujoy, who is apparently planning to start the film by early next year.
The original film followed Vidya, as she navigates her way through chaotic Kolkata to avenge her husband’s murder. In the quest, she is helped by a cop, and encounters various quirky characters, most famous of them the assassin Bob Biswas. Sujoy is plotting the sequel, too, with Kolkata in the backdrop. “Kolkata will play an extremely important character in the sequel. It’s primarily the city, but we will also shoot in some other parts of the country,” says Sujoy.
The director refrains from giving out any details about the story. “It’s too early to say anything about the story. I am still in the writing stage and the plot changes every day,” he says. Reportedly, Sujoy is also writing Badla, where Amitabh Bachcan will play the lead. “Badla is certainly not the sequel to Kahaani,” says Sujoy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Ankita Lokhande has shared several pictures and videos from a house party she had with Rashami Desai on Monday.
- Shaza Morani and Priyaank Sharma's Hindu wedding ceremony has been postponed, in light of the increase in Covid-19 cases in Maharashtra. The couple and their families and friends are currently in the Maldives.
- Divya Dutta has expressed her displeasure at being labeled as a supporting actor, insisting she loves playing all kinds of roles.
- Actor Parineeti Chopra's long-awaited biopic of badminton ace Saina Nehwal has been given a release date. Watch the first teaser here.
- Actor Ileana D'Cruz was asked during an Instagram Ask Me Anything session if she's ever had any cosmetic surgeries done. Here's what she said.
- Kangana Ranaut says that a new FIR has been registered against her, this time over her tweets on farmers agitation against the farm bills.
- Tara Sutaria shared the first poster of her upcoming movie Tadap. Her boyfriend Aadar Jain shared the poster on his Instagram Stories and expressed his excitement.
- Sara Ali Khan is in Jaipur. While she hasn't mentioned the reason behind her visit, it appears that she is in the pink city for a wedding. Sara and Manish Malhotra shared many pictures from the venue.
- Yami Gautam had previously opened up about a prolonged neck injury that affected her routine life. The actor has now detailed in on a road accident that left her with the injury.
- Sisters Malaika Arora and Amrita Arora posted pictures of their mom to wish her on her birthday and close friend Karisma Kapoor was among the first ones to comment.