Economic growth slows to 8.4 pc in Q3
India's economic growth slowed to 8.4 per cent in the third quarter on lower farm and industrial output from the same period a year ago, official data showed on Friday.
The data showed that the economy had expanded almost in line with a forecast of 8.7 per cent for the year ending March. But the pace is well off the 9.6 per cent growth reported in the previous year.
The slowdown has been attributed to aggressive monetary tightening to tame prices and a 12 per cent gain for the rupee against the dollar in the past year that has dented export earnings for Asia's third biggest economy.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.
- The Bengaluru-based online retailer has been weighing a US initial public offering and it’s now also looking at other options, the people said.
- While the base price of petrol is ₹33.26 per litre, it attracts ₹32.90 a litre central excise and ₹21.04 per litre local levies in Delhi.
- As per SBI’s official website, the properties that are included in the auctions are those of defaulters who failed to pay their dues.
- Here’s how you can calculate the EPF interest