Himachal to get eight new hydel projects
The Himachal Pradesh government has signed deals with private companies for building eight hydel projects, including two mega projects and six micro-sized projects.
The memorandum of understanding (MOU) was signed between the state's power secretary and the respective companies in Shimla on late Friday.
Global bids had earlier been invited for the two mega projects.
The highest upfront money was offered by GMR Energy for building the 180 MW Bajoli-Holi in Chamba district and by DCM Sriram Company which won the 108 MW Chhatru project. GMR Energy had offered an upfront premium of Rs 9.2 million per MW.
MOUs were also signed with four other private companies for six micro-hydel projects, which include the 4 MW Jari project with Will Power Company.
The 4 MW Sarvari-I is with Wool Ways India Limited while, the 2 MW Gatour and 2.5 MW Sarvari-II projects were secured by Sri Hydro Power Limited.
The 3 MW Kesta and 4 MW Charna were both assigned to Sutlej Construction Company.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Companies like Amazon's Prime Video and Netflix are inspecting planned shows and scripts, with some even deleting scenes that could be controversial, five Bollywood directors and producers, and two industry sources said.
- Income tax officials have also seized ₹3 crore cash during raids on two groups of civil contractors in Tamil Nadu
- At a time when petrol and diesel prices are at an all-time high, and taxes have a bigger component in the retail price than the base price of the fuels, it is worth revisiting the debate
- The ECIR is reportedly based on an FIR filed by the Chennai police under Section 420 of the IPC on the basis of a complaint by the Chennai Financial Markets and Accountability (CFMA), an organisation that fights for investors’ rights.
- Shipments in the December quarter grew at a higher rate of 198% annually with 15.2 million units.
- The companies are also opting for large boxes for storage, with around 400,000-plus sq. ft being the average demand.
- The latest acquisition is Delaporte’s boldest move to spur growth after the company ceded its position as India’s third-largest software services provider to HCL Technologies Ltd.
- The Bengaluru-based online retailer has been weighing a US initial public offering and it’s now also looking at other options, the people said.
- While the base price of petrol is ₹33.26 per litre, it attracts ₹32.90 a litre central excise and ₹21.04 per litre local levies in Delhi.