What the fudge!
Priyanka Chopra has finally broken her silence on the controversy surrounding the trade figures of her last release, Krrish 3.Updated: Feb 03, 2014, 09:10 IST
Priyanka Chopra has finally broken her silence on the controversy surrounding the trade figures of her last release, Krrish 3. While it was reported that the box-office figures for the Hrithik-PeeCee starrer were bloated, she makes it clear that there was no fudge-up.
“Kisi flop film ko toh hit nahi banaya tha na (we didn’t turn a flop into a hit, did we?). The question was not whether the film was a hit or not, but how big a hit it was. And ­honestly, even I don’t know that. The fact is that it was a successful film, and that is all that matters. I’ll always be proud of being part of Krrish 3. I am happy that it was well accepted by the audiences,” says the 31-year-old.
This comes after Hrithik’s stern statement against those who claimed that the official ­collections of the 2013 film, given out by Rakesh Roshan (Krissh 3 director and Hrithik’s father), were ­manipulated. “Some from the industry and certain ­sections of the media are hell-bent on putting me, my father and Krrish 3 down. I have maintained my silence until now but these derogatory manipulations need to stop. Krrish 3 has done a business of about `244cr in India and around `55cr overseas,” he had said last month.