Coronavirus outbreak: Dalai Lama suspends meeting visitors
In view of the coronavirus outbreak, Tibetan spiritual leader the Dalai Lama has temporarily suspended meeting visitors, specially those from China mainland.
The 84-year-old spiritual leader’s office has not been taking audience request from public since last week.
“The public audience of His Holiness, the Dalai Lama, will not be entertained for some time, considering the emergency declared by World Health Organisation and precautionary measures that most of the health institutions and government are taking in wake of coronavirus outbreak,” secretary of the department of information and international relations, Central Tibetan Administration, Tsewang Gyalpo Arya, said.
Directions issued to devotees, monasteries
Arya also said that the Dalai Lama’s office has issued a directive, advising Buddhist devotees and monasteries to recite listed prayers and mantras so that the sufferings of people affected by the coronavirus are healed at the earliest.
The spiritual leader meets public every Monday, Wednesday and Friday and the meetings’ schedule is finalised by his office. Special teaching sessions are held on requests from devotees from South East Asian countries. Earlier, a group of Chinese Buddhists from China had sought his advice on ways to contain the spread of coronavirus. Following this, he shared a voice clip of himself chanting ‘Tara’ mantra.
Meanwhile, the state health department has sounded high alert for Dharamshala and McLeodganj against the coronavirus, given a large number of devotees, including those from China, visit the hill town. A counselling centre has been set up at the primary health centre in McLeodganj to facilitate the foreign visitors.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- AAI tweeted video with along with a post that read, “AAI derives its strength from its women workforce. Maintaining individuality, these invincible women go beyond & above their call of duty to serve the nation.
- "Every district has set up five such centres today. However, there are 19 such centres in Thane district due to higher demand there. There are 189 such centres in the state exclusively for vaccinating women," the official said.
- The knowledge base and resources of the premier institutions of the country will be leveraged to bring in a transformational change in the rural developmental process, as per the programme objectives
- The government notice asks him to deposit ₹5,430,000 as rent for the bungalow, pending since November 2019, at a rate of ₹10,000/day.
- The victim reported this to another police officer and that’s how the matter came to the knowledge of Alwar SP, who asked for filing a case against the accused SI.
- In case of PMBJP, procurement is done directly through drug manufacturers by asking them to compete in tender.