Mumbai local train services to be hit on these routes due to mega block today. Details here
- The mega block is conducted on Sundays on Central and Western lines in the Mumbai suburban train section for maintenance and repair work.
The Central Railway and Western Railway have announced a mega block on Mumbai local train network on Sunday. As a result, train services on the suburban line will be affected for five hours due to maintenance work on various sections of the local train network.
The Central Railway has also notified about a 14-hour-long traffic and power block on the Main line between Thane and Diva section from midnight on January 22 till January 23.
“These maintenance mega blocks are essential for infrastructure upkeep and safety. Passengers are requested to bear with the Railway Administration for the inconvenience caused,” the Central Railways stated in a release.
Here's the list of train services to be affected due to Mumbai mega block today:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus – Chunabhatti / Bandra Dn harbour line from 11.40 am to 4.40 pm,
and Chunabhatti / Bandra- Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus Up harbour line from 11.10 am to 4.10 pm
- Down harbour line services to Vashi /Belapur/Panvel leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus / Wadala Road will be hit from 11:16am to 4:47pm.
- Down harbour line services to Bandra/Goregaon leaving Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus will remain suspended from 10:48am to 4:43pm.
- Up harbour line services for Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus leaving Panvel/Belapur/Vashi will remain suspended from 9:53am to 3:20pm
- Up harbour line services for Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Terminus leaving Goregaon/ Bandra will halt operations from 10:45am to 5:13pm.
- Special services between Panvel and Kurla (Platform No.8) will continue to run during the block period.
- Meanwhile, harbour line passengers have been allowed to travel via Main line and Western Railway from 10:00am to 6:00pm during block period.
Thane – Diva: 14 hours infrastructure block On Down fast line for 5th & 6th line work
Central Railway is operating a 14-hour infrastructure block on Down and Up fast line between Thane and Diva stations, including 2 hours infrastructure block for cutting the connection of old redundant slow line and commissioning of crossovers in connection with Thane-Diva 5th and 6th lines.
The block will be operated for 14 hours on Dn fast line from 1:20am on January 23 (Sat/Sun midnight) to 3:20pm on January 23.
The block will also operate 2 hours on Up fast line from 12.30 pm to 2.30 pm on January 23 (Sunday). During the block period, trains will continue to run on Up and Dn slow lines between Diva-Thane, the railways announced.
Amid rising cases of electric bikes exploding and catching fire, the transport commissioner's office has directed Regional Transport Offices to monitor and take action against e-bikes manufacturers selling high-voltage batteries for the vehicles. Maharashtra transport commissioner Avinash Dhakne has directed the RTOs to register complaints with the police against e-bike manufacturers for modification. A special drive for the inspection of such vehicles has been launched.
There is a gap of 12-13 lakh tonnes of wheat that has not reached the grain markets for procurement in Punjab and is believed to have been stocked up by farmers in anticipation of fetching a higher price in the open market at a later stage. Reportedly, some portion of wheat has been bought by traders directly from farmers, which secretary food and supplies, Punjab, Gurkirat Kirpal Singh refused to confirm.
Mumbai: For the second day straight, Maharashtra clocked over 300 fresh Covid-19 cases, recording 316 new infections. Mumbai with 223 new Covid-19 cases has breached the 200-mark for the second time this month, taking the caseload to 1,061,341. The state did not record any Covid-related fatalities on Thursday. In the past 24 hours, the state tested 28,449 samples and had a positivity rate of 1.11%.
Commissioner of police Kaustubh Sharma directed station house officers, and police post in-charges to apply for a new power connection, if they did nit have one. Five police establishments – including a women's cell, the Marado police post, Samrala police station – were found stealing electricity by Punjab State Power Corporation Limited officials.
Pune-Delhi SpiceJet flight, which was to take off at 5.35 pm from Pune, was delayed by seven hours at Pune international airport in Lohegaon on Wednesday. The flight took off at 12.30 am.