'If cops behave like this…': Tejashwi Yadav visits murdered IndiGo manager's family
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) Tejashwi Yadav on Sunday met the family of IndiGo station manager, who was shot dead earlier this week in Bihar's capital Patna, as he once again trained his guns at Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar and the police over the crime rate in the state.
“Requesting Nitish Kumar with folded hands... We know that you're a weak CM but for the sake of your position, please don't let human lives be sacrificed. It is your (Bihar CM) responsibility to control crime in the state,” Yadav was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
“No arrests made yet. DGP says crime rate was higher in 2019, has come down now but for 16 years, Nitish Kumar has been CM. If police behave like this, one can understand ground reality,” he had said earlier.
IndiGo’s Patna station manager Rupesh Singh was sprayed with bullets as he waited inside his SUV for the gates of his residence at Punaichak locality in the city to open. He had just returned from office on Tuesday evening. His family members have been demanding a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) alleging that the Patna Police had failed to make any breakthrough.
The opposition leader had earlier too called Kumar ‘weak and tired’ and accused him of threatening the media when they posed questions regarding the deteriorating law and order situation in the state. “Bihar is turning into the crime capital of the country. The number of incidents of crime is increasing here. It was ridiculous to see the chief minister yesterday. Nitish Kumar seemed helpless, very weak and tired,” he had said on Saturday.
Yadav had also accused Bihar ministers of being involved in Singh's murder during a Facebook live session on Friday. "There are rumours that Chief Minister Nitish Kumar's ministers might be involved in the murder of IndiGo airlines manager Rupesh Kumar Singh," Yadav had said, according to ANI.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The low footfall has prompted the state to mobilise more technical manpower so that senior citizens do not have to wait for vaccination.
- The minister, who is a leader of the Vikassheel Insan Party (VIP), later said he will make sure to attend events where he is scheduled to be present in future.
- A BJP leader has urged chief minister Nitish Kumar to ensure that the money meant for welfare scheme is spent for its purpose.
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- After the death of a 2016-batch final-year MBBS student at the NMCH, Shubhendu Shubham (23), who had contracted the virus, the state health department had advised the medical college to get real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT PCR) test of all medicos done.
- Four cities from Bihar -- Patna, Biharsharif, Bhagalpur and Muzaffarpur, participated in the survey. Muzaffarpur was adjudged the lowest in the Ease of Living Index.
- The minister was replying to the debate on his department’s budgetary demand of ₹38,035 crore, which was passed by the Bihar Vidhan Sabha
- The deputy CM acknowledged the members’ sentiments and said he would strive to resolve the issues affecting the devotees and tourists
- Nitish Kumar had got Renu Bhawan built in the village at a cost of ₹two crore but tourism infrastructure needs to be developed for customized tour packages, says Renu's son.
- A senior LJP leader, who quit the party, said the LJP was reduced to a drawing room organisation where even old party workers didn’t have access to Chirag Paswan.
- The JD(U) MLC said that Gautam Kumar was suffering while the police officials were showing no urgency to submit the inquiry report, as the case was not lodged by them.
- According to the National Crime Bureau Record (NCRB), in Bihar in 2019, there were 3,707 crime incidents related to land and property disputes, while the number of people killed were 5,227, or 3.1% per lakh
- Spicejet, the lone airline with a license to fly from Darbhanga under UDAN, has again opened booking for Ahmedabad after having discontinued the direct Darbhanga-Ahmedabad flight on February 15.