‘Helpless and tired’: Tejashwi attacks Bihar CM after he loses his cool
- Kumar on Friday while speaking to reporters lost his cool at those who questioned him regarding the state of law and order in Bihar citing the death of IndiGo Patna station manager Rupesh Singh.
Rashtriya Janata Dal (RJD) leader Tejashwi Yadav on Saturday called Nitish Kumar ‘weak and tired’ and alleged that the Bihar chief minister threatened reporters when they posed questions regarding the deteriorating law and order situation in the state.
“There were valid questions asked by journalists regarding the increase in incidents of crime, when will it stop and why no actions are being taken, the chief minister threatened them over this. He is saying that the police should not be demoralised. Those in power in Bihar are protecting criminals,” Yadav was quoted as saying by news agency ANI.
“Bihar is turning into the crime capital of the country. The number of incidents of crime is increasing here. It was ridiculous to see the chief minister yesterday. Nitish Kumar seemed helpless, very weak and tired,” he added.
Kumar on Friday while speaking to reporters lost his cool at those who questioned him regarding the state of law and order in Bihar citing the death of IndiGo Patna station manager Rupesh Singh. A visibly irritated chief minister had asked the reporters to not mix up issues of crime and development.
The government in Bihar is under pressure to solve the murder of Rupesh Singh, who was shot by unknown assailants outside his apartment in Punaichak area in Patna on Tuesday evening.
Yadav has been criticising the Janata Dal(United)-led government in the state over the killing of the IndiGo employee. On Tuesday, he had said that criminals protected by powerful people killed the IndiGo station manager outside his home and criminals currently run the government in Bihar.
Rupesh Singh’s brother has demanded a probe by the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) citing delay by the state police in finding the culprits. He said that despite the chief minister’s assurance the police have failed to make an arrest in connection with his brother's murder.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The low footfall has prompted the state to mobilise more technical manpower so that senior citizens do not have to wait for vaccination.
- The minister, who is a leader of the Vikassheel Insan Party (VIP), later said he will make sure to attend events where he is scheduled to be present in future.
- A BJP leader has urged chief minister Nitish Kumar to ensure that the money meant for welfare scheme is spent for its purpose.
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- After the death of a 2016-batch final-year MBBS student at the NMCH, Shubhendu Shubham (23), who had contracted the virus, the state health department had advised the medical college to get real-time polymerase chain reaction (RT PCR) test of all medicos done.
- Four cities from Bihar -- Patna, Biharsharif, Bhagalpur and Muzaffarpur, participated in the survey. Muzaffarpur was adjudged the lowest in the Ease of Living Index.
- The minister was replying to the debate on his department’s budgetary demand of ₹38,035 crore, which was passed by the Bihar Vidhan Sabha
- The deputy CM acknowledged the members’ sentiments and said he would strive to resolve the issues affecting the devotees and tourists
- Nitish Kumar had got Renu Bhawan built in the village at a cost of ₹two crore but tourism infrastructure needs to be developed for customized tour packages, says Renu's son.
- A senior LJP leader, who quit the party, said the LJP was reduced to a drawing room organisation where even old party workers didn’t have access to Chirag Paswan.
- The JD(U) MLC said that Gautam Kumar was suffering while the police officials were showing no urgency to submit the inquiry report, as the case was not lodged by them.
- According to the National Crime Bureau Record (NCRB), in Bihar in 2019, there were 3,707 crime incidents related to land and property disputes, while the number of people killed were 5,227, or 3.1% per lakh
- Spicejet, the lone airline with a license to fly from Darbhanga under UDAN, has again opened booking for Ahmedabad after having discontinued the direct Darbhanga-Ahmedabad flight on February 15.