Kathak teacher arrested for molesting student at dance school in Delhi
A 53-year-old Kathak dance teacher has been arrested for allegedly molesting one of his students at a dance school in New Delhi area, Delhi Police said on Friday.
Deepak Yadav, additional deputy commissioner of police (New Delhi), said the woman approached the police on Monday after alleged molestation on Sunday.
The police is probing whether the suspect has harassed other students too and is speaking to them over the same.
The additional DCP said that the woman (age and other details withheld) had been undergoing training at the school for the past several months.
Initially, the woman said, she ignored the teacher’s advances, but when he allegedly molested her on Sunday, she filed a police complaint. “We arrested the suspect the same day,” Yadav said.
HT has contacted the school for a response.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- As part of their investigation, police have till date arrested 1,753 persons, which includes 820 Hindus and 933 Muslims.
- The accused man, 30-year-old Sujeet Kumar, remains hospitalised and the police are waiting for him to recover before they pursue “suitable action” against him.
- A bench of justice Vipin Sanghi and justice Rekha Palli also asked the members of the striking union to not put under siege the municipal corporation or throw garbage on the streets.
- Manish Sisodia also interacted with students enrolled in the course to know their experiences.
- Jai Prakash, north Delhi mayor, said that all efforts of the municipal agencies this winter were focused to control local pollution sources.
- No Delhi police officer commented on the incident on record, but senior police officers aware of the development said on condition of anonymity that the two men who were on the target, are lodged in Tihar for their role in the northeast Delhi violence.
- Like several other curious onlookers, the boy too was watching the earthmover in action when the mishap took place, the police said.