BJP challenges Chidambaram on paddy price
The Bharatiya Janata Party has fetched copies of letters written to the Centre by the chief ministers of NDA-ruled states asking for Rs 1,000 per quintal MSP (minimum support price) for paddy as early as last year.
This is to counter Finance Minister P Chidambaram’s stand that BJP-ruled states had delayed the decision on a higher MSP because of their differing stand.
Senior BJP leader Venkaiah Naidu said, “The Finance Minister, who is a learned man and an intellectual, has provided false information. He is either misleading or is not aware of the letters sent by the state governments to the Centre.”
Naidu said he got in touch with the chief ministers of BJP states and those run by the NDA. “I challenge Chidambaram to counter what they have said,” Naidu said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.
- The Panth Ratan Baba Harban Singh Ji Dialysis block in Bala Sahib hospital complex started treating patients from Sunday
- Whatever, the two ascetics are buried next to each other, separated by a neem tree. For that reason, many consider the landmark as a twin shrine.