Government open to debate on FDI: Kamal Nath
The government was open to discussions on foreign direct investment (FDI) in retail, Parliamentary affairs minister Kamal Nath said on Monday ahead of an all-party meeting on the ongoing logjam in parliament.
"Government is open for a discussion on the issue of FDI in multi-brand retail. The primary concern is that the house must be allowed to function," Kamal Nath told reporters in the Parliament House complex.
He said the government would try to strike an agreement in the all-party meet. However, he remained noncommittal on whether the government would allow a debate under rules that entail voting.
Major opposition parties, including the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) and the Left, have been demanding a debate in the Lok Sabha on the issue under rule 184, which entails voting.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.
- The Panth Ratan Baba Harban Singh Ji Dialysis block in Bala Sahib hospital complex started treating patients from Sunday.
- Whatever, the two ascetics are buried next to each other, separated by a neem tree. For that reason, many consider the landmark as a twin shrine.