Media: skills required
A nose for news and a penchant for current affairs is a must for a person seeking a media career. Pluses & minuses | Institutes in IndiaUpdated: May 14, 2008 12:23 IST
A nose for news (judgment of what makes news and what doesn’t). A good reporter always digs out a good story.
* A penchant for current affairs, and vast general knowledge.
* Communication skills, both oral and written.
* An ability to work long and late hours.
* Persistence — especially needed to chase sources, and to obtain answers that people may want to evade.
* An ability to multi-task and cope with stress. This is not for people who get easily worked up.
* Individuality — an ability to do things differently.