New Delhi -°C
Today in New Delhi, India

Jan 19, 2020-Sunday



Select city

Metro cities - Delhi, Mumbai, Chennai, Kolkata

Other cities - Noida, Gurgaon, Bengaluru, Hyderabad, Bhopal , Chandigarh , Dehradun, Indore, Jaipur, Lucknow, Patna, Ranchi

Sunday, Jan 19, 2020

Noida family drugged at home, 1 dead

A couple and their two children are found drugged and their house ransack in the posh Sector 50 of Noida. Neighbours discover the incident and rush the family to a nearby hospital, reports Kapil Datta.

delhi Updated: Jun 08, 2008 01:07 IST
Kapil Datta
Kapil Datta
Hindustan Times

Three weeks after Aarushi Talwar and her family’s Nepali help Hemraj were found dead in her Noida Sector 25 home, a couple and their two children were found drugged and their house ransacked in the posh Sector 50. The incident took place on Friday night. Neighbours discovered the incident the following morning, and rushed the family to a nearby hospital, where the woman was declared brought dead.

The family’s Nepali domestic help is the prime suspect. “Akash, who had been employed around two months ago, is missing. The family did not get his police verification done,” a senior police officer said. It is suspected that cash and jewellery worth lakhs was stolen. The police have registered a case and launched a hunt for Akash.

Businessman Ajay Maini, 46, had taken the first floor flat (B-15) of Noida Sector 50 on rent recently and was staying there with his wife, Sandhya, 43, and their children, Rakshak, 19 and Sara, 5.

“Last night after dinner, we felt uneasy and went to sleep. We regained consciousness only in the morning when neigbhours woke us up and rushed us to the hospital,” Rakshak, admitted at Prayag hospital, said. A second year BBA student at Amity University, Rakshak is furious with Akash. “He mixed something in our dinner... I will not leave Akash,” he said, trying to remove his drip, even as relatives and the nursing staff tried to console him.

The family’s other domestic help, Rajinder, too was drugged. Sandhya, police suspect, died either due to an overdose of the sedative or probably had a reaction, which led to a heart attack. She was found in her bedroom with her hands and legs tied. The police are probing whether she put up resistance and was subsequently overpowered and tied down. There were marks on the neck and she may have been strangled as well. Her body has been sent for autopsy.