Sister held for murder of two brothers
The sister of two men murdered in east Delhi earlier last week has been arrested, along with two others for the gruesome killings, police said on Tuesday.
One of the victims was scheduled to depose against a criminal later this month.
Tahira, 40, was used by the killers to bring the victim brothers to the murder spot, police said. “Imran, 22, Azam Ali, 21, and Tahira were held from Welcome area in east Delhi on Monday following raids,” said a senior police officer.
Brothers Shahbaz and Babu Khan were found dead with bullet injuries in Kabeer Nagar in east Delhi on March 5.
“Both were shot from close range and in a planned manner,” said the officer.
Shahbaz had enmity with Shahnawaz, a notorious and listed criminal, and was supposed to depose against him in a court on March 15.
Police have started a massive manhunt to apprehend Shahnawaz and his other associates involved in the crime.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The CPCB report released on Sunday said that there are over 112 sites in India that are contaminated by toxic and hazardous substances.
- An infection is said to be endemic in a population when it is constantly maintained at a baseline level in a geographic area.
- The BJP dismissed the allegations as “baseless” and hit back, saying that the AAP should answer why the construction of the Signature bridge in north-east Delhi faced delays.
- Appropriate allocation of funds in this regard will be made in the upcoming Delhi budget that is likely to be presented this week, he added .
- In February that year, just before Holi, he went back to the Sadar Bazar trader with the water gun he had produced and also the Chinese one.
- Experts said such initiatives will ensure that the only continuous green space in the national capital is preserved.
- A host of functions to honour women have also been scheduled at different police stations and DCP offices.
- Adesh Gupta has also started ‘mandal pravas’ (stay in each municipal wards) to connect with the party workers and supporters.
- As part of the revamp, new CCTV cameras, with better technology for improved clarity, additional escalators, bird spikes to prevent tripping of the overhead electrification (OHE) due to bird menace, were also installed.
- The Panth Ratan Baba Harban Singh Ji Dialysis block in Bala Sahib hospital complex started treating patients from Sunday
- Whatever, the two ascetics are buried next to each other, separated by a neem tree. For that reason, many consider the landmark as a twin shrine.