Abundant avenues for vocational education
In this era of intense competition, when scoring good marks is hardly a guarantee for getting a seat, Ramjas College has good news for freshers. It has increased the number of seats for undergraduates from 745 to 884 seats.
Delhi University has 43,000 seats for undergraduates for which over a lakh students apply each year. Ramjas College Principal Dr Rajendra Prasad told HT, “This step has nothing to do with the OBC quota. The college council decided to rationalise the student strength following the restructuring of courses.”
“The student strength in Science courses was rationalised to be in multiples of 15 for BSc (Hons), 20 for BSc (General), BA (Hons) and BCom (Hons) in multiples of 8 and BA Programme and BCom (Pass) in multiples of 12 as per DU rules,” he said.
Ramjas has also taken another initiative by creating a new section of BA Programme where one section will be taught in Hindi and the other in English.
There will be 32 additional seats in BA Programme. The breakup: Eight more seats in BCom (Pass); 10 more in Applied Life Science and Applied Physical Science; 5 more in English (Hons), Eco (Hons), Pol Science (Hons), History (Hons); 2 more in Maths; 10 more in Physics, Chemistry and Biology.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- HTET Result 2020: Board of Secondary Education Haryana (BSEB) on Thursday declared the results of Haryana Teachers Eligibility Test (HTET 2020) on its official website -haryanatet.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the Office Assistant (Multipurpose) CRP- IX prelims exam results on its official website- ibps.in
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020.
- National Testing Agency has extended the last date to apply for Common Management Admission Test (CMAT 2021). Earlier, the deadline was January 22 which has been extended till January 30.
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) on Wednesday released the open round allocation list for INICET 2021. Candidates who have qualified for MD/MS/M.Ch courses can check their seat allotment result on its official website at aiimsexams.org
- Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) will declare the results of office assistants (Multipurpose) preliminary examination 2020-21 on Thursday, January 21.
- The online registration for the National Institute of Fashion Technology (NIFT) entrance exam will close on Thursday, January 21.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Wednesday announced the result of the Combined SO-Steno LDCE, 2015 exam on its official website- upsc.gov.in.
- RRB NTPC Exam: Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Thursday activate the link to check RRB NTPC third phase exam city and date and to download free travel pass for SC/ST candidates. The link will be activated at 9 pm.