All you need to know about the AIPMT paper leak
The Supreme Court on Monday scrapped the All India Pre-Medical Entrance Test (AIPMT) for 2015-16 following the leak of its question paper and circulation of the answer keys through electronic devices at different examination centres in 10 states.
Holding that the entire conduct of the AIPMT has been rendered "futile by a handful of elements seeking to reap undue financial gain by subjecting the process to their evil manoeuvres", the court said: "We have thus no hesitation to order that the All India Pre-Medical and Pre-Dental Test stands cancelled."
Here is all you need to know about the controversial round of the examination:
*The AIPMT exam was held on May 3 across 1,050 centres across the country.
*Reports claimed later that that 90 answer keys were electronically leaked to candidates in return for Rs 15 -20 lakh.
*The Rohtak police arrested seven people including two doctors and an MBBS student for the alleged wrongdoing.
*Subsequent questioning revealed that the arrested people arranged for the supply of special vests fitted with micro SIM cards and bluetooth devices to facilitate the transmission of answer keys.
*It was also found that the same gang was involved in the leakage of the 2012 AIIMS medical examination paper using a similar modus operandi.
*The arrested people disclosed that the plan was hatched by prime accused Roop Singh Dangi at his Rohtak residence. It was decided that Rs 20 lakh each would be taken from the candidates to help them clear the exam. Also, people who would be able to bring interested candidates would be rewarded one third of the collected amount.
*On May 2, Dangi and his accomplice Sunny booked four rooms at Shakti Resorts in Behror, Rajasthan where master solvers with extensive knowledge of the subjects involved in the test were also present. Private cars and buses were used by Dangi to ferry the master solvers to Behror.
*On May 3, Dangi leaked the question paper from Behror. After arranging the answer keys, he provided it to Dr Bhupender, Ravi, Sanjeet and Rajesh on their mobile phones for transmission to candidates.
*Vijay Yadav, an MBBS student involved in the leakage disclosed that he knew two master solvers, Vikas and Sumit of Gohana in Sonepat, who solved the question paper on May 3 from Behror.
*After their arrest on June 6, Vikas and Sumit revealed that they were informed about the plan by a person named Guddu, a resident of Rohtak. They were told that they would be paid Rs. 50,000 each for solving the question paper and were given Rs. 10,000 each as advance money.
*Vikas and Sumit also disclosed that on May 2, they went to Shakti Resorts in Behror and in the evening met Dangi who told them that the question paper will be supplied to them an hour prior to the start of the exam.
*They further disclosed that Dangi provided them the question paper at about 10.30am and they solved it at the resort.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- After the correction window opens, candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 will be able to make corrections in their application forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the typing test can download their admit card online at gjust.ac.in.
- Candidates who have appeared in the recruitment examination can take a print out of the final answer key online at ssc.nic.in on or before February 24, 2021.
- Candidates who have qualified in the IBPS PO Prelims Exam can download their admit card for IBPS PO mains online at ibps.in on or before February 4, 2021.
- Candidates who have applied for admission can check the AP EAMCET second phase allotment result 2020 online at apeamcet.nic.in.
- Patnaik had launched the "Mo School" campaign in November 2017 in response to philanthropic interest from alumni of schools of Odisha, residing in India and abroad.
- Universities need to explore the uncharted path and innovative methods when it comes to pedagogy, and playing the role of facilitators in a student's journey of finding their goals and preparing them for their future.