Andhra Pradesh government to set up university for skill development
Andhra Pradesh government has planned to set up a skill development university in the state to incorporate world-class technologies to match with industrial needs, State Skill Development Corporation officials said on Friday.
Moreover, as many as 25 skill development centres will also be set up in the state, one centre each in every parliamentary constituency.
According to the officials of Andhra Pradesh State Skill Development Corporation (APSSDC), the corporation authorities have visited varsities like Viswakarma University, Bharatiya Skill Development University, Centurian University, Teamlease Skill University, etc to study the modalities to be adopted for the proposed university.
Earlier this year, Andhra Pradesh government had decided to reserve 75 per cent of industrial private jobs for the state’s local youth.
“The corporation will provide top-notch training through these skill development programmes to the youth. Those trained will get good opportunities in the corporate sector,” officials said.
“Over 700 youths got placements in a job drive conducted by Infosys in association with APSSDC in two districts. The placement drive in three more districts in the state are to follow,” the officials added.
Challa Madhusudan Reddy, chairman of APSSDC, said: “The state has bagged ASSOCHAM Gold award for the ‘Best State in Skill Development’ and will strive to keep up the standards.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Thursday congratulated 12 Indian Institutions on securing position in top 100 in the QS Subject Rankings for the year 2021.