Assam govt to give scooters and financial incentives to girl students: Himanta Sarma
The Assam government will give scooters and financial incentives to girl students to ensure that they attend classes regularly, Education minister Himanta Biswa Sarma said.
The state government was currently distributing 22,000 two-wheelers to Class 12 girl students who passed in the first division from the state board under the Pragyan Bharti Scheme, he said at Sivasagar on Sunday.
The state government will incur an expenditure of Rs 144.30 crore for the purpose.
The state government will provide scooters to all girl students who passed in the first division from the state board even if the number crosses a lakh, he said.
Scooters will also be provided to all girl students who passed Class 12 examination in the first division in 2018 and 2019.
Financial incentives will also be provided to all girl students from school to post-graduate level and the scheme would be launched by the end of this month.
He said that girl school students would be given Rs 100 daily for each day so that they attend school while an amount of Rs 1,500 and Rs 2,000 will be given to undergraduate and postgraduate students respectively.
The minister further said that they had plans to launch this scheme last year but it was delayed due to the spread of COVID-19.
The minster is on a visit to distribute scooters also participated in a cycle rally on Monday.
Meanwhile, attendance in schools, which reopened on January one after being closed for nearly 10 months due to COVID-19, was much higher on Monday than the first two days.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021
- Copy evaluation for Matric examination conducted by Bihar state education board will begin on March 12 and conclude on March 24.
- Union Education Minister Shri Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ on Thursday congratulated 12 Indian Institutions on securing position in top 100 in the QS Subject Rankings for the year 2021.