Odisha govt to provide Class 10 exam guide book free of cost to all students
To help the students of Class 10 preparing for the annual state board examination in May this year, Odisha government will provide an exam guide book free of cost to all.
This was announced by School and Mass Education Minister S R Dash on Thursday.
"The state government will distribute free of cost 'Pariksha Darpan' (exam guide) book to all the 6,20,508 students who will appear in the annual matriculation (Class 10) examination," the minister said.
'Parikshya Darpan', a 700 page guide book will help students to prepare for the upcoming crucial board examination. "In order to reduce the stress of the students, Chief Minister Naveen Patnaik had asked the department to help candidates," the minister said.
Though the state government had earlier reduced 30 per cent of the syllabus for the Class 10 board examination, it is felt that still, students face difficulties for the examination. The new book 'Pariksha Darpan' contains probable questions and answers, he said.
The minister said the students of government, government-aided and private schools appearing in the matriculation examination conducted by the Board of Secondary Education (BSE) will get the book free of cost. The examination will start from May 3.
Earlier, keeping in view the impact of COVID-19 pandemic on the livelihood of the people across the state, the chief minister on January 13 had announced waiver of examination fees for the matriculation examination.
The state government will bear ₹27 crore towards examination fee waiver. Each candidate appearing in the annual high school certificate examination was supposed to pay ₹420 for filling up the forms.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Maharashtra class 10 and 12 exam schedule 2021: Students who will appear for Maharashtra class 10 and 12 board examinations 2021 can check the schedule online at mahahsscboard.in.
- RBSE 10th, 12th board examination schedule 2021: Students registered to appear in the RBSE board examination 2021 can check the schedule online at rajeduboard.rajasthan.gov.in.
- According to the board, of the total 75,132 students who appeared in the board exams, 76.09 percent of girls passed while 74.04 percent of boys also passed the examinations.
- The Jammu and Kashmir Board of School Education (JKBOSE) on Friday declared the Secondary School Examination (SSC or Class 10) annual regular results for Kashmir division.
- Candidates can submit their forms online at cbse.gov.in.
- The Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) matriculation examination, which began on February 17, concluded on Wednesday.
- Appearing in Board exams is a very important event for every students as it marks a major transition in their academic life.
- As per the board, altogether 8.46 lakh students appeared in the first sitting exam. The re-examination for the paper will be held on March 8.
- Altogether 40 examinees were expelled from the exam centres across the state for using unfair means on the second day of matriculation exam conducted by the Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) on Thursday.
- Over 16 lakh students wrote science paper on the first day of board exam.
- The Himachal Pradesh Board of School Education (HPBOSE) on Wednesday released the final date sheet of Class 10 and Class 12 annual exams.