Dr BS Ghuman resigns as VC of Punjabi University, Government gives charge to Ravneet Kaur
Punjab Governor and Chancellor of the Punjabi University, Patiala Vijayender Pal Singh Badnore on Thursday accepted the resignation of Dr BS Ghuman as Vice-Chancellor.
The charge has been given to Additional Chief Secretary Forests and Wildlife Ravneet Kaur till further orders, informed a tweet shared by the Government of Punjab.
Ghuman who was granted an extension for three years in September this year has resigned on November 17 from the post. The university was allegedly facing financial difficulties and Ghuman had been unable to get the institution out of the mess, since taking charge in 2017.
However, in his resignation, Ghuman has allegedly cited personal reasons for the decision.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal made this announcement during his live interaction session with CBSE school principals.
- The Bar Council of India will release the answer key of All India Bar Exam (AIBE)-XV on Saturday, January 30.
- CBSE class 10, 12 board examination schedule will be released on February 2, Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ said.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions in a prescribed format on or before February 19, 2021.
- MU’s online convocation is scheduled to take place on February 1 this year.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at rbi.gov.in on or before February 15, 2021.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at appost.in on or before February 26, 2021.
- Candidates who have registered for the JEE Mains 2021 can make corrections in their forms online at jeemain.nta.nic.in on or before January 30, 2021.
- Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions in a prescribed format on or before January 31, 2021.