DU admission 2018: Important points to keep in mind
Applicants have until Thursday, June 21, to get their documents verified and get admitted to the college where they have cleared the cutoff.education Updated: Jun 19, 2018 10:24 IST
The Delhi University has released its first cut-off list for merit-based undergraduate courses.
The highest cutoff at Delhi University in the first list is 98.75% at Lady Shri Ram College for BA (Programme). Journalism (Hons) at Delhi College of Arts and Commerce (DCAC) and Economics (Hons) at Shri Ram College of Commerce (SRCC) are a close second at 98.50%.
Applicants have until Thursday, June 21, to get their documents verified and get admitted to the college where they have cleared the cutoff.
Here are some important points students should keep in mind.
- The marks of students from educational boards that don’t have 70% theory and 30% practical component in their marks, will be converted on pro-rata basis.
- Applicants who want college hostel will have to apply to the particular college after they get admission.
- Mathematics is compulsory for admission to B.Com (hons), Computer Science (hons), Mathematics (hons), Statistics (hons), and Economics (hons)
- If a student wants to pursue Honors programme in a subject that he/she has not studied in Class 12 then the student will face a 2.5% disadvantage in the best of four aggregate.
- If one opts for Modern Indian Language (Except Hindi) as a subject in BA (Prog) an advantage of up to 10% may be given in ‘Best Four’ in colleges where MIL is offered as a subject.
- Timing: 9am to 5pm (Monday to Friday)
- Contact No: 155215, 011-27006900
- Email: email@example.com
- Women helpline: 100
- Anti stalking/ anti obscenity calls helpline: 1096
- Maurice Nagar police station: 011-27667178, 011-27666332
- Fire: 101
- Ambulance: 102
- AIIMS: 011- 26588500/700
First Published: Jun 19, 2018 10:24 IST