IITs have competition, govt to set up IIESTs
India’s Top education brand — the IITs — may soon face competition. Not from the private sector, but from the government. The Ministry of HRD has conceptualised institutes which will offer science and technology courses.
Christened — Indian Institute of Engineering, Science and Technology (IIEST) — the institutes will have a wider scope than the IITs. To be run on similar lines as the IITs, the IIESTs will be constituted as institutes of national importance through an Act of Parliament.
Again, like the IITs, admission to new institutes will be on All-India basis. This line of thinking, sources say, is linked with the reservation policy of the government.
Five institutes have been identified for IIESTs — Bengal Engineering and Science University, Institute of Technology, BHU, Cochin University of Science and Technology, College of Engineering and Osmania University College of Engineering and University College of Technology.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- National Human Rights Commission (NHRC) has invited applications for recruitment against 26 vacancies for Stenographer, Research Assistant and other posts.
- Jawahar Navodaya Vidyalaya on Wednesday released admit card for Class 9th entrance exam- JNVST 2021
- The Railway Recruitment Board (RRB) will on Wednesday release the admit card for the RRB phase 3 non-technical popular category (NTPC) recruitment exam.
- The Comptroller of Auditor General (CAG) has invited applications for recruitment against over ten thousand vacancies for auditor and accountants.
- Navodaya Vidyalaya Samiti (NVS) has issued the admit cards of entrance test to admit students in Class IX against the vacant seats.
- The Education minister will discuss the changes to be incorporated in the CBSE curriculum and the school processes from the academic session 2021-22.
- The Law School Admission Council (LSAC) on Wednesday announced that it will reschedule the 2021 Law School Admission Test (LSAT) India
- Institute of Rural Management Anand (IRMA) will close the application window for Post Graduate Diploma in rural management admission test on January 31.