JEE (Main) Jan 2019 notification issued at nta.ac.in, apply from Sept 1
The National Testing Agency (NTA) has released the online notification for Joint Entrance Examination or JEE (Main) examination 2019 scheduled to be held between January 6 and January 20.
The application process will begin on Saturday (September 1) and close on September 30. The last date to pay the fee is October 1, 2018. The detailed information bulletin for the exam will be released on Saturday on the website nta.ac.in and jeemain.nic.in.
The JEE Main exam will be conducted twice by the agency before admissions for the next academic season. The first JEE (Main) exam will be conducted in January and the second in April. A candidate can appear in one or both the JEE (Main) exams in a year. If a candidate appears in both exams, the one in which they score better will be considered for admissions.
Here are the details from the notification about JEE (Main) 2019 January exam:
a) Paper 1 will be held in computer-based mode only and Paper 2 will be held in both computer-based and paper and pen modes. A candidate may choose to appear in both Paper 1 and Paper 2 or any of the two papers depending on the course they want to pursue.
b) Paper 1 is for those who want to take admission to a bachelor of engineering (BE) and bachelor of technology programmes in IITs. After Paper 1, a selected number of candidates will be required to appear in JEE (Advanced). Admissions to IITs will be based only on category-wise All India Rank (AIR) in JEE advanced, subject to conditions as defined in JEE (Advanced) 2019 website. Candidates will be asked to solve questions on mathematics, physics and chemistry in Paper 1.
c) Paper 2 is for candidates who want to study BArch and BPlanning. Candidates will be asked to take the test in the computer-based mode for mathematics and aptitude test and the drawing test will be in pen and paper-based mode.
The exam is conducted to determine the eligibility of candidates for admission in National Institutes for Technology (NITs), Indian Institutes for Technology (IITs) and other centrally-funded technical institutions.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- DHFWS Basirhat Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the positions online at basirhathealthdistrict.in on or before March 15, 2021.
- IOCL Apprentice Recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the IOCL apprentice recruitment 2021 online at iocl.com.
- UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist interview schedule 2020: Candidates who have cleared the main examination can check the UPSC Combined Geo-Scientist interview schedule online at upsc.gov.in.
- RBI JE admit card 2021: Candidates who have registered for the RBI JE recruitment examination 2021 can download their admit card online at opportunities.rbi.org.in.
- FCI Recruitment 2021: After the application process begins, interested and eligible candidates will be able to apply for the positions online at fci.gov.in on or before March 31, 2021, until 4 pm.