Mumbai University: Ignore fake reports of summer examination session timetables
After receiving queries from college administrators as well as students about examination timetables posted on various social media platforms, the University of Mumbai on Thursday clarified that the University has not approved any new timetable for the summer examination session. This statement comes barely two days after the university postponed all its 750-plus exams of the current examination session until after April 15.
“Due to COVID-19 outbreak , government has declared lockdown upto 14 April 2020 and accordingly, University of Mumbai issued a circular that the varsity and colleges affiliated with us will not conduct any examination until 14 April 2020,” said a statement released by Vinod Patil, director, Board of Examinations and Evaluations (BEE), MU.
It further highlights that during such unprecedented times, rumours have an easy way to reach the public but it is the responsibility of the college staff, administrators as well as students to not fall prey to rumours. “We have realised that the staff and students of various colleges are forwarding timetables if different colleges on WhatsApp groups in order to seek authentication, which eventually finds its way to others who assume the information shared is true. We have to stop this,” added Patil in his statement.
He further clarified that the University will not release any exam and timetable related circular before April 14.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.
- National Institute of Open Schooling on Friday released class 10th, 12th admit card for January/February 2021 exams. Candidates who are registered for the exams can download their admit card from the official website at nios.ac.in.
- The online application window for Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) recruitment for the posts of graduate engineer apprentice (GEA) and Technical Diploma Apprentice (TA), will close on January 15
- IBPS PO Result 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee CRP-X prelims examination on its official website at ibps.in.
- JKSSB Recruitment: The online registration window of the Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) recruitment for District/Divisional/UT Cadre posts of various departments under provisions of the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services will close on Saturday, January 16, 2021.
- NTA on Thursday released an official notice alerting the applicants of JEE Main 2021 against some unscrupulous elements who have created a fake website - jeeguide.co.in in the name of JEE Main 2021 through which online application and fee payments are being solicited from the aspirants.