Noida govt schools get computer savvy
New Okhla Industrial Development Authority (NOIDA) and NIIT took the first step towards revolutionising computer and computer-aided learning in schools in Uttar Pradesh on Monday.
‘Igniting Minds’ was launched by KP Singh, Minister for Basic Education, UP, and RG Yadav, the Samajwadi Party MP, at Government Senior High School, in village Challera. As part of the initiative, NIIT will use its expertise to teach computers to students of Classes VI to VIII in ten government schools, to start with.
“This is a larger issue related to social development, taken up by the state government. NIIT has signed a contract, whereby we provide computers, chairs, tables and set up a lab in schools,” said P Rajendran, director and chief operating officer, NIIT.
“This education will be part of the regular time-table and a faculty member from NIIT will take classes,” said P Rajendran, director and chief operating officer, NIIT. The unique aspect of computer education is the wire-based programme.
It will combine theory with visuals to make learning fun. The school students were visibly excited and pleased. Some wanted to play games on the computer while others were busy learning Microsoft Word.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- The Bihar Police Subordinate Services Commission (BPSSC) on Wednesday released the Admit Cards for candidates appearing in Physical Efficiency Test (PET) for recruitment to the post of Police sub inspector, Police Sergeant and Assistant Superintendent Jail.
- The minister was replying to the debate on his department’s budgetary demand of ₹38,035 crore, which was passed by the Bihar Vidhan Sabha
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has released the official notification for the civil services preliminary examination 2021.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) on Thursday, March 4 released the official notification for the civil services preliminary examination 2021.
- Himachal Pradesh Staff Selection Commission (HPSSC) on Wednesday, March 3 declared the result of written objective type screening test for recruitment of Medical Laboratory Technician (Grade-II)
- Bihar Public Service Commission (BPSC) has issued a notification (advt. no. 03/2021) for recruitment of Child Development Project Officer (CDPO) under Social Welfare Department.