Nominations filed for student union polls in 14 universities
Nominations for student union elections were filed across 14 universities and colleges, amid heavy sloganeering, in the state on Thursday.
The occasion also saw several rebel candidates from arch rivals Akhil Bharatiya Vidhyarthi Parishad (ABVP) and National Students’ Union of India (NSUI) filing nominations as independent candidates.
ABVP’S rebel candidates from the University of Rajasthan were Nitin Sharma and Sanjay Chechi.
“We are presently trying to pacify the rebels to support the party’s official candidate,” said Hoshiyar Meena, general secretary, ABVP. According to him, ABVP has also the support of Rashtriya Loktantrik Party.
ABVP’S official candidates-amit Kumar Badbadwal, for president, Deepak Kumar for vice-president, Arun Sharma for general secretary and Kiran Meena for joint secretary-- filed their nominations on Thursday.
The rebel candidates for National Students’ Union of India where: Pooja Verma, Mahesh Chaudhary and Ashok Fagna. Fagna was allowed to contest in the elections after a petition was filed by him in the high court.
He was declared ineligible to contest students union elections, citing clause 20C of the constitution of the Rajasthan University Student Union (RUSU) election.
The official candidates of NSUI’S panel included Uttam Chaudhary for president, Mahaveer Gurjar for general secretary, Priyanka Meena for vice-president and Lakshmi Pratap Khangarot for joint secretary, all of whom filed nominations on Thursday.
Last year, Vinod Jakhar, a rebel candidate of the NSUI won the Rajasthan University Student Union elections.
J P Singh, dean, students’ welfare, Rajasthan University said that no student was allowed inside the campus without proper ID and said the nominations were filed at the respective department in the University. “The nominations were filed following the due procedure and was very peaceful. We are presently scrutinising the nominations. The full list along with the name of the candidates will be displayed on Friday at 10 am in the university,” said Singh.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Over 6.88 lakh candidates have applied for UPPSC's combined state/upper subordinate services examination 2021, commonly known as PCS exam, and assistant conservator of forest /range forest officer services examination 2021, say UPPSC officials.
- National Testing Agency (NTA) is expected to soon declare the results of Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) main 2021 first session exams.
- The National Testing Agency (NTA) uploaded Graduate Pharmacy Aptitude Test (GPAT) answer key and question paper 2021 on Sunday, March 7.
- JEE main results 2021: After the results are declared, candidates who have appeared in the JEE mains 2021 examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- JEE main result 2021 Live Updates: After the results are announced, candidates who have appeared in the JEE Main 2021 February session examination will be able to check their results online at jeemain.nta.nic.in.
- The Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Saturday declared the final results of multi-tasking staff recruitment exam 2019 on its official website.
- SSC CPO final answer key 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CPO Paper 1 exam 2020 can check the final answer key along with the question paper online at ssc.nic.in.
- UPSC NDA and Naval Academy results 2020: Candidates who have appeared in the UPSC NDA and Naval Academy 2020 examination can check their results online at upsc.gov.in.
- UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021: Interested and eligible candidates can apply for the UPPSC RO and ARO recruitment 2021 online at uppsc.up.nic.in on or before April 5, 2021.