Students stick with non-collegiate board after high DU cut-offs
The Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board wrapped up its first round of admission on Monday. The board, despite the announcement of two cut-off lists by DU, has managed to hold its own and witnessed fewer number of withdrawals this year. Nishtha reports.education Updated: Jul 04, 2013 02:06 IST
The Non-Collegiate Women’s Education Board (NCWEB) wrapped up its first round of admission on Monday. The board, despite the announcement of two cut-off lists by Delhi University (DU), has managed to hold its own and witnessed fewer number of withdrawals this year.
The board said only one student had withdrawn her admission so far which was a surprising change compared to last year.
“We have received a number of queries on the procedure of admission withdrawal but till now only one student has submitted her withdrawal application, which is a welcome change from last year. Earlier, after the announcement of DU’s cut off lists, a number of students used to withdraw their admissions,” said Aarti Saxena, Director, NCWEB.
The reason for lesser number of withdrawals could be the high cut-offs announced by DU this year.
“I thought with 85% I will get admission in any regular college at DU. But sadly the cut offs are much higher than last year. NCWEB will give me a degree and I can pursue my other interests,” said Shivangi Rai from Ashok Vihar.
The second cut-off list did not provide much relief to the students, as they had hoped, as most colleges slashed their marks very marginally.
Many students who had filled DU’s OMR form, however, were not aware that a separate form was issued for NCWEB.
The second cut-off list will be announced on July 5 by the women’s board.
The second round of admissions at various centres under NCWEB will begin on July 8.
First Published: Jul 04, 2013 02:01 IST