Three IIT Roorkee students get Rs 1.54 crore job offer from US firm
Three students from IIT Roorkee have got job offers of Rs 1.54 crore per annum each from an American multinational company, the highest ever for any student at the premier engineering institute, officials said on Tuesday.
The three B.Tech final year students of the Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) here are from the Computer Science, Electronics and Engineering Physics streams, the officials said.
The offers were made during the ongoing annual campus placement session which started on Monday, they said, adding that one student has got a job offer of Rs 62 lakh per annum domestically, the highest this year within the country.
“Thirty companies have participated in the placement session and 363 students appeared for job interviews on day-1 of the session. 322 job offers including the PPOs were made. The highest international package has been Rs 1.56 crore for three students, while it was Rs 62 lakh domestically,” IIT Roorkee said in a statement.
A total of 406 job offers were made on the first day of the placement session, which will continue till December 15, it added. However, IIT Roorkee officials declined requests to share the names of the students and the specific companies they have been placed by citing guidelines of the All IITs Placement Committee (AIPC).
In the last academic session 2018-2019, the campus had attracted 1,127 job offers for its students and the highest job offer of Rs 1.50 crore was made by tech giant Microsoft.
Amazon India Development Centre, American Express India, AppDynamics India Pvt. Ltd., Bajaj Auto, BNY Mellon Technology, Cohesity, Goldman Sachs, Google, Jaguar Land Rover India Limited, JPMorgan Chase & Co. – QR, Microsoft, Nutanix Technologies, Solar Energy Corporation of India Limited (SECI), Sprinklr, Squarepoint Capital, Texas Instruments, Uber, Oracle, SAP Labs, Salesforce are among the companies which have offered jobs here this session.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- ICAI CA May exam 2021: Candidates can check the ICAI CA May examination schedule for the Foundation course online at icai.org.
- The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited online applications for lateral recruitment of Joint Secretary and Director level officers (Group ‘A’) in different ministries/departments with headquarters at New Delhi.
- TNUSRB constable marks 2020: Candidates who have not cleared the TNUSRB constable recruitment examination can check their marks online at tnusrbonline.org.
- The Indian Institute of Technology Jammu on Friday entered into a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the Army's Northern Command providing innovative solutions through exhaustive research and development in Jammu and Kashmir, an official said.
- The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) on Friday released a revised date sheet for Class 10 and Class 12 board exams 2021.
- Delhi Subordinate Staff Selection Board on Thursday released an advertisement to fill more than 1800 vacancies under various departments under the Govt of NCT of Delhi.
- Anna University has released the TANCET 2021 hall ticket/admit card on Friday March 5, 2021.
- The National Testing Agency has released the answer key of All India Sainik Schools Entrance Examination (AISSEE) 2021