After announcing no vacancy, UPSC decides to conduct IES exam in October
UPSC IES 2020: Union Public Service Commission has decided to conduct the Indian Economic Service exam 2020 in October. Earlier, on June 10, UPSC had notified that it will not conduct IES exam this year as the department of Economic Affairs, ministry of finance has not reported any vacancy. However, on a specific request made by the Department of Economic Affairs, the commission has revoked its earlier notice and has decided to hold the UPSC IES 2020 exam from October 16 to 18. The official notification for UPSC IES 2020 will be released on August 11.
A latest notice in this regard issued by UPSC reads, “On a specific request by the Department of Economic Affairs, the Commission has reconsidered its earlier decision and has now decided to hold the Indian Economic Service Examination, 2020 on 16th to 18th October, 2020. The Notification of the examination is likely to be issued on 11/08/2020.”
The vacancies are reported to UPSC by the concerned department after which the commission issues a recruitment notification/ advertisement in order to invite applications to fill the vacant posts.
UPSC in its revised calendar, that was released on June 5, had mentioned the dates for UPSC IES and ISS (Indian Statistical Service) exam according to which their notification had to be released on June 10 and last date to apply is June 30 and the exam will be held from October 16 to 18. However, on June 10, UPSC notified that the IES exam will not be conducted this year. UPSC has released the ISS notification, as per schedule, on June 10. However, the UPSC IES notification will now be released on the new date, August 11 on its official website at upsc.gov.in.
The author tweets @ NandiniJourno
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- BSEB Class 12th Admit Card 2021: Bihar School Examination Board (BSEB) will on Saturday release the admit card for class 12th board exams 2021 on its official website seniorsecondary.biharboardonline.com.
- SSC CHSL Results: Candidates who have appeared in the SSC CHSL Tier 1 exam 2019 can check their results by visiting ssc.nic.in.
- Staff Selection Commission (SSC) on Friday declared the Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) tier 1 exam result 2019 and cutoff marks on its official website-ssc.nic.in.
- Indira Gandhi National Open University (IGNOU) has extended the deadline for re-registration for January 2021 session till January 31.
- National Institute of Open Schooling on Friday released class 10th, 12th admit card for January/February 2021 exams. Candidates who are registered for the exams can download their admit card from the official website at nios.ac.in.
- The online application window for Electronics Corporation of India Limited (ECIL) recruitment for the posts of graduate engineer apprentice (GEA) and Technical Diploma Apprentice (TA), will close on January 15
- IBPS PO Result 2020: The Institute of Banking Personnel Selection (IBPS) on Thursday declared the results for Probationary Officer/ Management Trainee CRP-X prelims examination on its official website at ibps.in.
- JKSSB Recruitment: The online registration window of the Jammu and Kashmir Services Selection Board (JKSSB) recruitment for District/Divisional/UT Cadre posts of various departments under provisions of the Jammu and Kashmir Civil Services will close on Saturday, January 16, 2021.
- NTA on Thursday released an official notice alerting the applicants of JEE Main 2021 against some unscrupulous elements who have created a fake website - jeeguide.co.in in the name of JEE Main 2021 through which online application and fee payments are being solicited from the aspirants.