3 years of Padmaavat: Ranveer Singh gives a sneak peek into making of the film
Ranveer Singh has shared a special video from the making of his film Padmaavat on completion of three years of its release. Directed by Sanjay Leela Bhansali, the film also starred Deepika Padukone, Shahid Kapoor, Aditi Rao Hydari, Jim Sarbh and Anupriya Goenka in prominent roles.
Sharing the video on Instagram, Ranveer wrote, "#3YearsOfPadmaavat. My tryst with the dark side. An unforgettable experience. Thank you Sanjay Sir for making me a part of this spectacular vision. #Khilji #3YearsOfPadmaavat."
The video shows several glimpses of Ranveer filming various scenes under the guidance of Sanjay. At one moment, he is even rehearsing for one of his speeches in a black tee. In another, he is seen in full costume as Alauddin Khilji wearing shades as he stands in front of Shahid Kapoor, who too is in costume but is standing with a small fan in his hand as they rehearse for a scene.
The video also shows him giving a speech on the last day of his shoot. Dressed as Khilji, Ranveer tells the crew members, "Ek saal ho gya, ek saal tak jhela mere ko aap logo ne, isi baat pe aap logo ko award milna chahiye. Main vada karta hu zindagi bhar ke liye shaan se kahunga ki aap sab ke sath padmaavat pe kaam kiya hai. (it's been an year, you have beared me for one year, you all should get an award for this. I promise you that for mu entire life I will be proud that I have worked with you on Padmaavat)."
He later says in the video, "All of us have mixed together blood, sweat and tears and put into it. Now its upto the almighty. Its bit terrifying to think about how will the final product will look like, if our work will translate on screen but the feeling is good, something good will come out of it. So many people have worked so hard on it, the result will definitely be good."
Aditi, who played Khilji's wife Mehrunisa in the film, also shared a film still of herself and a fanmade collage of the film cast on her Instagram Stories.
The making and release of Padmaavat was marred by multiple violent protests and attacks on the film cast by certain power groups over the portrayal of Rani Padmavati in the film. It, however, went on to make over ₹300 crore at the domestic box office upon its delayed release in theatres.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- It has been 10 years since Kangana Ranaut and R Madhavan-starrer Tanu Weds Manu released on the big screen. On the occasion, director Aanand L Rai penned a note of gratitude, thanking fans for his "Woh Tanu weds Manu wala Aanand Rai" identity.
- Janhvi Kapoor was seen at the Mumbai airport late Wednesday in an all denim look but it was her mobile cover that stole attention.
- Shah Rukh Khan's daughter Suhana Khan has shared a picture from her time in the kitchen in New York along with a boomerang video to prove how she is the best at it.
- Ishaan Khatter shared a throwback picture from their childhood to post a 'happy birthday' message for his half-brother, Shahid Kapoor.
- Alia Bhatt did a 'Gangubai Kathiawadi' style namaste to the paparazzi while greeting them during director Sanjay Leela Bhansali's birthday celebrations.
- On Divya Bharti's birth anniversary, here's revisiting an episode from her life when she married producer Sajid Nadiadwala and managed to keep it a secret from her father, who was opposed to the match.
- Shahid Kapoor said that he was with Mira Rajput in the labour room when she was giving birth to their daughter Misha. Mira 'whacked' Shahid when he got dizzy at one point.
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.