Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli welcome baby daughter, Madhuri Dixit, Dia Mirza lead Bollywood in congratulating them
- Actors such as Madhuri Dixit, Rakul Preet Singh, Bipasha Basu, Ishaan Khatter and others congratulated Virat Kohli and Anushka Sharma, who welcomed a baby girl on Monday.
Congratulatory messages are pouring in for Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli, who welcomed their first child -- a baby girl -- on Monday. Both the actor and the cricketers' friends took to social media to give their best wishes to the couple.
Rakul Preet Singh, Dia Mirza, Ishaan Khatter, and others offered their congratulations in the comments section of Virat's Instagram post announcing his daughter's birth. "Omgggg Congratulationsssss," Rakul wrote, while Ishaan dropped a heart emoji. "Such a wonderful news," Dia commented, while actor Bipasha Basu wrote, "Congratulations! God bless the little baby angel."
WATCH | Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli announce birth of baby girl
On Twitter, Madhuri Dixit Nene wrote, "Congratulations @imVkohli @AnushkaSharma. May god shower his choicest blessings on you & your little angel."
Actor Parambrata Chattopadhyay, who worked with Anushka in Pari, wrote in a tweet, "Heartiest congratulations to @imVkohli & @AnushkaSharma on this wonderful news."
Cricketers such as Sachin Tendulkar, David Warner, Hardik Pandya, Virender Sehwag, and many others, also shared warm messages for the couple on social media.
Virat announced the birth of his daughter in an Instagram post. He wrote, “We are thrilled to share with you that we have been blessed with a baby girl this afternoon. We thank you all for your love, prayers and good wishes. Anushka and the baby are both healthy and we are feeling beyond blessed to start this new chapter of our lives. We hope that you can respect our privacy at this time. Love, Virat.”
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Anushka Sharma shared a post on mothers on the occasion of International Women's Day. She said that 'strong' and 'resilient ones' need to be celebrated.
- Kishwer Merchant dropped a comment on a video of Kangana Ranaut at the airport, asking, "How is this woman never in a mask?'
- Esha Deol revealed that while her mother Hema Malini did not cry at her 'bidaai', she could not hold back her emotions afterwards.
- Lisa Haydon, who is currently expecting her third child with husband Dino Lalvani, shared a special post featuring her 'very little woman' on International Women's Day.
- Aamir Khan and Elli AvrRam burn up the dance floor in the first teaser for their song, Har Funn Maula. Watch it here.
- Actor Nawazuddin Siddiqui's brother Shamas has reacted to news of that Nawaz and his wife, Aaliya, are willing to reconcile. Aaliya had accused Shamas of physical abuse.
- Kriti Sanon slipped and almost fell before a posing session for the paparazzi on Monday. Watch the video here.
- Janhvi Kapoor was spotted at the Mumbai airport over the weekend. During her exit from the airport, her staff member stopped a fan from taking a picture with the actor. Janhvi tackled the situation calmly.
- Boney Kapoor said that he was fortunate to have 'some of the strongest women in the world' in his life -- late wife Sridevi, and daughters Janhvi Kapoor, Khushi Kapoor and Anshula Kapoor.
- Despite cancelling divorce proceedings, Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife, Aaliya, has said that they aren't yet living with each other.
- Shilpa Shetty's husband Raj Kundra shared a funny and cute video of the two of them to celebrate his wife and an 'amazing role model'.