Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli welcome baby girl
- Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma and husband Virat Kohli have been blessed with a baby girl. Virat shared the news on social media.
Bollywood actor Anushka Sharma and cricketer husband Virat Kohli have been blessed with a baby girl. Virat shared the news on social media.
He wrote, “We are thrilled to share with you that we have been blessed with a baby girl this afternoon. We thank you all for your love, prayers and good wishes. Anushka and the baby are both healthy and we are feeling beyond blessed to start this new chapter of our lives. We hope that you can respect our privacy at this time. Love, Virat.”
WATCH | Anushka Sharma, Virat Kohli announce birth of baby girl
Virat and Anushka shared the news of her pregnancy on Instagram, along with the caption, “And then, we were three! Arriving Jan 2021.” In a separate post, Anushka said that motherhood was ‘humbling’. Sharing a picture of herself, she wrote on Instagram, “Nothing is more real & humbling than experiencing creation of life in you. When this is not in your control then really what is?” Virat showered love on the photo and commented, “My whole world in one frame.”
While Anushka has taken a break from acting for a while, Virat is on a paternity leave approved by the BCCI. He had skipped the third test match against Australia to be with Anushka at the time of birth. Ahead of the baby’s arrival, the couple had been spending some quality time together and were recently spotted on a pizza date.
Anushka had remained active during her pregnancy and had shared glimpses of her walk on the treadmill or yoga session at home. She had once shared a picture of herself doing a headstand with the help of Virat.
Anushka had earlier said in an interview that she and Virat want to be equal players in parenting the child. Talking about bringing up the baby, she had told Vogue, “We don’t see it as mum and dad duties, but as a family unit. For us, it’s important that our child be raised with a very balanced outlook. It is all about shared duties. I will be the primary caregiver, especially in the first few years, and that’s the reality. I am self-employed and I can decide when I am working if I do one or two films a year. In Virat’s case, he plays round the year. What becomes important is the time we spend together as a family.”
She has already made it clear that they “do not want to raise a child in the public eye”. She said, “I think it’s a decision your child should be able to take. No kid should be made to be more special than the other. It’s hard enough for adults to deal with it. It’s going to be difficult, but we intend to follow through.”
Reflecting a similar vision, Virat had earlier told ESPN in an interview, “I have a life. I have a family. I will have kids. They deserve all my time. That is something that is very, very clear and close to my heart. I want no part of my career being flashed into my house. I want no part of my trophies, my achievements, nothing in my house when our kids are growing up.”
Anushka and Virat celebrated their third wedding anniversary in December last year. They had tied the knot in a private Hindu wedding ceremony in Italy with only family members and a few friends in attendance.
Anushka was last seen in Zero with Shah Rukh Khan. Her production company released Paatal Lok on Amazon Prime Video, and Bulbbul on Netflix this year.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Saif Ali Khan and Kareena Kapoor Khan, who welcomed their second son earlier this month, got a visit from Arjun Kapoor, Malaika Arora and Karisma Kapoor.
- Kangana Ranaut played hostess for the team of Tejas, as they went to her house on Sunday for a meeting. She shared pictures of the get-together, giving fans a glimpse of her home as well.
- Aamna Imran, dubbed as Aishwarya Rai's doppelgänger, took the internet by storm this weekend with her uncanny resemblance to the Bollywood actor. The Pakistani social media influencer has revealed that she has an Indian connect.
- Roohi actor Varun Sharma opened up about his love life in a recent interview. He recalled bonding with a girl he liked from school when his mother was busy watching Kasautii Zindagi Kay.
- Anil Kapoor reveals he had really looked forward to shooting a scene that had him taking a stand for his onscreen daughter, Priyanka Chopra, in the film Dil Dhadakne Do.
- Alia Bhatt has shared a sunshiny new picture on Instagram and she looks stunning as ever. Check it out and try to spot a cute little cat in the picture as well.
- Suhana Khan spent her Saturday night with friends in New York. Shah Rukh Khan's daughter took to her Instagram Stories and shared a glimpse of her whereabouts.
- Days after the trailer was released, Mumbai Saga makers have dropped its first song, titled Shor Machega. Yo Yo Honey Singh and Hommie Dilliwala sing the latest Bollywood song.
- Kangana Ranaut has shared a video of her brother and parents' Mumbai home which she transformed into a more lively place with the help of her new sister-in-law Ritu.
- Varun Dhawan and Shraddha Kapoor were spotted at the Mumbai airport on Sunday morning. The actors were headed to the Maldives, where Shraddha's cousin Priyaank is tying the knot.