Hina Khan completes 12 years as an actor: 'It has been overwhelming'
Twelve years back, Hina Khan started her career with television, with her very first show turning out to be so popular that she became a household name. And then came visiting the Cannes film festival in 2019 with her film Lines, and she made her Bollywood debut with Hacked last year.
As she hits this milestone in her career, an elated Khan says, “The journey has been amazing! When I look back at where I started off from to where I am now, all that I have experienced has been very overwhelming and I am grateful to God for giving me some of the best experiences in life through these 12 years.”
What makes it more special is her bagging the Best Actress award at Montgomery International Film Festival Lines. The 33-year-old gushes, “The feeling is amazing, overwhelming and I am filled with gratitude for such a prestigious honour. Our work getting recognised on an International level is definitely a huge achievement for our entire team and we are all ecstatic about what we have achieved.”
Since her film career is clearly panning out well, are more Bollywood projects on the horizon in the near future, we ask. Kha says, “Hacked was my first commercial film in 2020, and the entire experience of working on the project was amazing! I do have another film coming up soon, but I will only be able reveal details about it later.”
The actor adds that she isn’t going to differentiate between projects on the basis of whether it is a masala entertainer or content driven and it’s only content that would matter.
”Content is the king for me so whatever I choose to take upon — an artsy film or a full-fledged commercial film — the content has to be appealing and interesting. Hence, taking a step forward into films with Lines was one of the best decisions I took. The story is beautiful, my character is filled with so much intensity, so many layers which made the experience of playing such a role an even more memorable one for me, and I am very happy that I could foray into films with such an amazing project,” concludes Khan.
Interact with the author on Twitter/ @RishabhSuri02
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut finally reacted to Arnab Goswami's leaked WhatsApp chat, in which he claimed that she is ‘sexually possessed with’ Hrithik Roshan.
- Vikas Khanna revealed that he was asked to pay money in exchange for favourable reviews of his directorial debut, The Last Color. He said that he will never forget it.
- Filmmaker Pooja Bhatt has written a note about feeling the temptation to drink, and how she dealt with it. She has been sober for four years.
- Actor Maanvi Gagroo, who has appeared in Four More Shots Please! and Shubh Mangal Zyada Saavdhan, complained to an OTT platform after its name was used as bait by someone who told her she had to 'compromise' for a role.
- Shahid Kapoor's wife, Mira Rajput, has shared new posts from their Goa vacation. Check them out.
- Sushmita Sen's daughter Renee said that she never felt the need to know about her biological parents. She also expressed her desire to adopt children someday.
- Imran Khan's estranged wife, Avantika Malik, has shared a cryptic note about finding comfort on the 'darkest, quietest nights'.