Pranutan Bahl opens up about her equation with 'Kajol bua', says they 'haven't spent much time'
- Did you know that Pranutan Bahl and Kajol are related? Here's what the young actor has to say about her equation with 'Kajol bua'.
Actor Pranutan Bahl, who was launched by Salman Khan in the film Notebook, has spoken about the equation she shares with her aunt, actor Kajol. Pranutan's grandmother, Nutan, and Kajol's mother, Tanuja, are sisters.
In an interview, Pranutan said that while she doesn't get to meet Kajol much, she respects how the actor conducts herself.
She told The Times of India, "I haven’t spent much time with Kajol bua. I haven’t grown up around her. But whenever I have met her, she has been kind and warm to me.” She added, "I love the way she conducts herself professionally. She is a brilliant actor and I have a lot of respect for her.”
Pranutan, the daughter of actor Mohnish Bahl, debuted in the film industry with Notebook, produced by Salman and co-starring Zaheer Iqbal. The film did not perform well at the box office.
Also Watch | Kajol, Renuka Shahane, Tanvi Azmi mothers, daughters and Tribhanga
In a Hindustan Times interview, Mohnish said that despite belonging to a film family, his daughter had to earn her place in Bollywood. “She has got everything on her own. Salman wasn’t even aware that auditions were going on. In fact, he called me when it was final and asked ‘Mohni, are you sure you are good with it? I thought she would be a lawyer or something’,” he had said. He added, “Nepotism has unfortunately been extended to star kids. A more appropriate usage would be that star kids are more privileged. But at the same time, Pranutan is still struggling. She managed her second film Helmet which is yet to get a theatrical release, and with the Covid 19 pandemic, even that seems to be in a doubtful situation."
Kajol, meanwhile, can be seen in Tribangha, which released on Netflix on Friday. Directed by Renuka Shahane, the film also features Tanvi Azmi and Mithila Palkar in supporting roles.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Videos of Shraddha Kapoor dancing at her cousin Priyaank Sharma's wedding in the Maldives are going viral on the internet.
- Alia Bhatt was seen in a bridal avatar in her new advertisement. Fans loved it and wished to see her get married in real life too. She is in a relationship with Ranbir Kapoor.
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.
- Film producer Rhea Kapoor got love from a number of Bollywood beauties including Kareena Kapoor, Malaika Arora, Karisma Kapoor on her birthday.