Rajeev Khandelwal on Remo D'Souza disowning his film: 'I didn't ask for explanation'
- Rajeev Khandelwal has spoken about the time when Remo D'Souza publicly denied having any involvement with a film they made.
Actor Rajeev Khandelwal has spoken about several unfortunate incidents that have taken place in his professional life -- from being conned into doing roles he never signed up for, to his producer distancing himself from his film.
In an interview, Rajeev spoke about his 2014 film DOA: Death of Amar, and how producer Remo D'Souza declared that he had no involvement in the project.
Rajeev told The Times of India, "Remo D'Souza decided to tell the world that he has not produced the film. He had some issues with the other producers. I felt that there was some dirt somewhere. I didn't call up Remo for any explanation. I decided to move on."
In 2015, when asked about the film being shelved, Remo had told Hindustan Times in an interview, "That is not my film. Somebody has used my name to promote it. But I think the film is shelved now, and not likely to release."
Rajeev's co-star in the film, Zareen Khan, in the same interview had said that she was 'shocked' to hear of Remo's statement. "I had signed the film, since I was told it was his production," she said. "We have shot the entire film. After the last day of the shoot, everyone just disappeared. I have got no update about the release ever since."
Rajeev also spoke about another film, Will You Marry Me, and said that he was conned into doing it. "Somebody played a game on me," he said. "I had signed a film wherein I was supposed to play a joker, whose script had made me extremely emotional. The makers started that film and then came to me saying that they first wanted me to do a film Will You Marry Me? with Aditya Datt as director. Datt had directed me in Table No 21 and I went by their word. The film wherein I had started playing a joker never released. Trust me, I wanted to buy that film. But it didn't materialise as its three producers are still at loggerheads with each other. I told them that I pity them."
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut has posted a video from the sets of Tejas in which she can be seen training on a net. She plays an Indian Air Force pilot in the film.
- Kareena Kapoor and Saif Ali Khan tied the knot in 2012. At the time, Brad Pitt wished the couple 'all the luck' on their marriage.
- Kangana Ranaut took to Twitter and dropped a vague description of a man who she believes is running a social media smear campaign against her.
- Swara Bhasker lashed out at a man who made an unsavoury comment about her being on the cover of Vogue magazine. She called him a "pretentious half-wit pretending to be ‘elite’".
- Rohan Shrestha's father, Rakesh Shrestha, said that he would be very happy if his son and Shraddha Kapoor decide to get married.
- Rakesh Roshan took to social media and revealed he received the first dose of the Covid-19 vaccine shot. He also pointed out the uniqueness of the day.
- Alia Bhatt took to Instagram and shared new production pictures from the upcoming movie Brahmastra. The actor stars with Ranbir Kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan in the movie.
- Actor Hazel Keech, the wife of cricketer Yuvraj Singh, announced that she is going on a social media detox. She said that she will be back but 'not too soon'.