Shakti Kapoor on Shraddha Kapoor-Rohan Shrestha wedding rumours: ‘I do not know if they are serious about each other’
Varun Dhawan got the rumour mill clunking into action with his cryptic response to Rohan Shrestha’s congratulatory message on his wedding with Natasha Dalal. Varun’s ‘hope you are ready’ message seemed to hint that Rohan could be next in line to get married. Reportedly, Rohan is in a relationship with Shraddha Kapoor.
Shraddha’s father, Shakti Kapoor, responded to the wedding rumours and said that he has no objection to anyone she chooses as her life partner. He added that he is unaware of her relationship with Rohan and whether they are ‘serious about each other’.
In an interview with ETimes, Shakti said that he will ‘always stand by’ Shraddha and support her when she decides to take the plunge. “Why only Rohan Shrestha? If she comes and tells me whoever she has chosen and wants to settle down with, I will not have any objection,” he said.
The Kapoors and Shresthas are family friends. “Rohan is a very nice boy. He does come home but he has come home since childhood. Shraddha hasn't told me that she plans to marry him. To me, they are still just childhood friends. I do not know if they are serious about each other,” Shakti said.
Earlier, Rohan took to Instagram stories to send his best wishes to Varun and Natasha. “Congratulations VD and Nats. When you know you know! VD you’re a lucky guy!” he wrote. Reposting the message, Varun replied, "I truly am. Hope you are ready."
Reports claimed that Rohan and Shraddha were planning to tie the knot in 2020. However, she dismissed the rumours and said that she was too busy with work, with no time for anything else.
Currently, Shraddha is in Delhi, shooting for Luv Ranjan’s romantic drama. The film also stars Ranbir Kapoor and marks the full-fledged acting debut of Boney Kapoor.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Kangana Ranaut, who earlier accused Vikas Bahl of inappropriate behaviour, thanked him for turning her career around with Queen. She said that he 'played a very significant role' in shaping her destiny.
- Shahid Kapoor aced the Centre of Gravity challenge, much to the surprise of his wife Mira Rajput, who called him a 'smooth operator'. Watch the video here.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui's wife Aaliya has reaffirmed her wish to reconcile with the actor in a new interview, adding that she is ready to mend her ties with his brother Shamas.
- Rhea Kapoor dedicated an adorable Instagram post to her boyfriend Karan Boolani. She shared pictures of her showering him with kisses. See his reply here.
- Taimur Ali Khan was photographed in Mumbai on Sunday. The star kid was seen out with his father Saif Ali Khan and half-sister Sara Ali Khan.
- Sara Ali Khan shared two new pictures from brother Ibrahim's birthday party. More pictures were shared by one of Ibrahim's friends.
- Anupam Kher, who turned a year older on Sunday, shared a video from his birthday 'pawri' with his 'best friends'. Watch it here.
- Actor Vidya Balan has recalled feeling worried about how her family would react to The Dirty Picture. She revealed her mother and father's immediate reaction to the film.
- Twinkle Khanna, using an adorable photo of daughter Nitara kissing a puppy, urged everyone to wear their masks correctly instead of using them as 'chin straps'.
- Janhvi Kapoor celebrated her 24th birthday on Saturday, with the team of Good Luck Jerry. See inside pictures and videos from the celebrations here.