Taapsee Pannu lends some inspiration for fellow actors, recalls the 7 minutes that changed the direction of tide for her
Taapsee Pannu has penned a short note for aspiring actors, giving the example of how her short role in 2015 film Baby changed the course of her film career. The actor had played Shabana in the film, and went on to play the titular role in its prequel two years later.
Sharing two posters of Baby, Taapsee wrote, "Dear actors, Number of minutes don’t matter, the impact u leave with what u do in those minutes ...... matters :). 7 minutes that changed the direction of tide for me FOR GOOD. Yours truly, Naam Shabana."
Akshay Kumar, who played the lead role in Baby, is all praise for Taapsee. He reacted to her post, saying, "Absolutely! Always make the most of what you have...proud of you and your onwards and upwards journey :)."
Taapsee played a short but pivotal role in Akshay Kumar-starrer Baby. She reprised her role as Shabana in 2017 film Naam Shabana, which marked the return of the majority of the Baby cast including Akshay. Baby also starred Rana Daggubati, Kay Kay Menon, Anupam Kher, Danny Denzongpa, Sushant Singh in prominent roles.
Taapsee haven't look back since then. 2016's Pink established her as an actor to look out for, as she stood her ground against heavyweight Amitabh Bachchan. Naam Shabana was a next big success in a titular role, which established her as a force to reckon among her contemporaries. She again united with Akshay in 2019 film Mission Mangal.
Last year, Taapsee had shared a throwback picture of the Naam Shabana team. She had written, "Holding the centre stage amongst them was very intimidating but who can be nervous when u know you are supported by such talent from all the sides... it was my first ever title role! So memorable for so many reasons! #Grateful #Throwback."
Taapsee was last seen in critically acclaimed film, Thappad. She currently has several films in her kitty. She has been working on her next, Rashmi Rocket, in which she plays an athlete. She will also be seen as cricketer Mithali Raj in her biopic, Shaabash Mithu. She also plays the central role in Haseen Dillruba and Loop Lapeta, both of which are in the making at present.
Follow @htshowbiz for more
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Salman Khan reportedly shot for Shah Rukh Khan's Pathan on Thursday. See a picture from the set here.
- Rakhi Sawant visited her ailing mother at hospital, accompanied by Kashmera Shah and Sambhavna Seth, who assured 'emotional and financial support' for her.
- Yashraj Mukhate, the memelord musician behind viral tracks such as Rasode Mein Kaun Tha and Pawri Hori Hai, has spoken about his journey.
- On Shahid Kapoor's 40th birthday, his former step-father Rajesh Khattar recalled the 'normal family' dynamic they shared as Shahid was growing up.
- A faction of late actor Sushant Singh Rajput's fans called for a boycott of the film Chehre, said to feature his girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty. Rhea was removed from the promotional materials of the film.
- Sunny Leone, her daughter Nisha and sons Asher and Noah touched down in Mumbai after their trip to Kerala. They were welcomed by Daniel Weber.
Indian adaptation underway for Spanish thriller The Cleaning Lady, Siddharth Kumar Tewary reveals details
- Actor Saif Ali Khan once said that he should've added a disclaimer to his son Taimur's name, after him and his wife, Kareena Kapoor, were criticised for picking that name.
- Bipasha Basu and Karan Singh Grover were in Maldives for a brief holiday and shared lots of pictures from the island nation. Check out their latest pictures here.
- As Shahid Kapoor turns 40, his wife Mira Rajput took to Instagram and penned a sweet birthday note for the actor.
- Actor Zareen Khan has spoken about how being compared unfavourably to Katrina Kaif early in her career affected her.
- Actor Kangana Ranaut in a new tweet called a group of youths 'primitive monkeys' for getting answers on history and current affairs wrong.