Eva Mendes always dreamed of Calvin Klein
Eva Mendes always dreamed of being a Calvin Klein model. The actress jumped at the chance to be a spokesmodel for the clothing line, because she was convinced it would give her career a big boost. The Hitch and We Own The Night star is the face of the designer’s new underwear range.
She shot print and TV adverts for the campaign with fashion photographer Steve Meisel earlier this year — but the promo, which sees the actress writhing around topless, was deemed too sexy to be shown on U S TV in August, and several networks refused to air it.
But Mendes, who declared Americans too “prudish” for censoring the ad, doesn’t regret making the saucy film because it fulfilled one of her teenage dreams — to follow in the footsteps of The Departed actor Mark Wahlberg, whose rap alter ego was Marky Mark, and supermodel Kate Moss, both shot to stardom as Calvin Klein models.
She says, “I grew up on those ads. When Kate Moss and Marky Mark — I mean my friend Mark Wahlberg.. can’t say Marky cos he hates that — came out with them, I was like 15 years old. Me and my friends just went crazy. Crazy, crazy. He was so gorgeous.. delicious.”
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Actor Shabana Azmi has shared a picture of herself, smiling from ear-to-ear, on the one-year anniversary of a near-fatal car crash.
- The Amazon Prime Video web series Tandav has been at the centre of a controversy after it was alleged that certain scenes are offensive to certain communities. Here's everything you need to know about what happened.
- Tandav creator Ali Abbas Zafar has issued an apology on behalf of the cast and crew of the Amazon web series, after an FIR was lodged against several people involved in the show for hurting religious sentiments.
- Vikas Gupta took to Twitter to share 'proof' of Aly Goni's homophobia, which Jasmin Bhasin didn't take quietly.
- Remo D'Souza, who recently had a health scare, was spotted out and about town with friend Aamir Ali. Watch a video here.
- Citing the examples of Deepika Padukone, Kangana Rananut and Alia Bhatt, Taapsee Pannu has said that it is 'tedious' to find male stars to do female-led films.
- Mira Rapjut has shared new photos and videos from her Goa vacation with husband, actor Shahid Kapoor. Check them out here.
- Kangana Ranaut shared a video of Jiah Khan's sister levelling serious allegations of sexual harassment against Sajid Khan. She suggested that he has the 'full support' of the 'mafia' in the film industry.
- Actor Minissha Lamba has said that there is no longer any stigma attached to separation, and if a relationship isn't working, it is advisable to part ways amicably.
- Shah Rukh Khan jokingly took offence as the official Twitter handle of Kolkata Knight Riders declared Juhi Chawla’s husband Jay Mehta as the 'most affable gentleman'.