I'm a true Gemini, says Amrita Rao
She is a silent player. Pretty and petite Amrita Rao, chats up with HT City as she turns 27 today.
You had a super successful film,
Vivah, behind you. Why did you go down south?
With a production house like Padmalya Films and a co-star like Mahesh Babu,
was just the right film to debut with.
Langugae was the only issue, so I actually wrote my dialogues in Hindi to learn them.
Actors are worshiped down south.. did you get to enjoy the same?
(Laughs) No.. I had no cutouts of mine being put at the theatre. It’s a hugely hero dominated industry. But yeah.. the fans are very passionate in the south.
You will now be seen in Shyam Benegal’s
Mahadev. What’s is the film all about?
This film will surprise everyone. It’s a romantic comedy and both Shreyas and I speak a typical dialect from north India. Mahadev will be a real significant film in my profile so far.
Do you agree you are a typical Gemini?
Yeah.. I have read Geminis are peaceful, who have an eye for finer things. That ways, yes, I'm a true Gemini. I prefer to be liberal and non-judgmental, which helps me reaching out to the people in a better way.
And yes I am fond of beauty, be it clothes, jewelley or just life. It has to be the best.
, there is
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sherlyn Chopra has accused disgraced director Sajid Khan of sexual misconduct, adding that he's protected by the Bollywood 'mafia'.
- Pahlaj Nihalani has said that although he hasn't received an invitation, he's heard that Varun Dhawan and Natasha Dalal are tying the knot this weekend.
- Disha Parmar, who will soon marry Rahul Vaidya, shared a fan-made wedding card on Instagram stories and showered praise on it.
- After Alia Bhatt's reported hospitalisation for exertion, her Gangubai Kathiawadi co-star, Seema Pahwa, said that director Sanjay Leela Bhansali doesn't rush actors with work.
- Malaika Arora has shared a throwback picture from her Goa vacation with Arjun Kapoor, along with some advice. Rahul Khanna said that he'll try to follow it.
- Actor Deepika Padukone answered quirky questions in an Instagram Ask Me Anything session on Tuesday.