Jodhaa Akbar banned in Ambala
The district administration imposed a ban on the screening of Jodhaa Akbar here, following protests by members of the Rajput community who alleged that historical facts had been distorted in the film.
Members of the community led by Congress leader Chetan Chauhan went on a protest march here today demanding a ban on the screening of the film.
They submitted a memorandum to DC Ambala in which they said the film had hurt the sentiments of their community stating that Jodha Bai was Akbar's daughter-in-law and not his wife, as is portrayed in the film.
Deputy Commissioner Mohammad Shyin imposed the ban with immediate effect on the film which had released on February 15.
The film is being screened in two cinema halls here.
The protestors had also alleged that cinema halls had removed the posters of the film but were still screening it.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Anil Kapoor joked that Jackie Shroff has threatened to slap him multiple times unless he confirms a film together. The two have starred in 12 films together, till date.
- WandaVision premiered its ninth and final episode on Friday. While it was a satisfying end to Marvel Cinematic Universe's first Phase 4 project, fans feel betrayed over a revelation made.
- Shehnaaz Gill said that she was not affected by the acid attack threats she got and the doctored videos made of her. She said that she is only gaining 'sympathy' in the process.
- Mahhi Vij, in a lengthy note, responded to accusations that she and Jay Bhanushali do not love their foster children Khushi and Rajveer as much as their biological daughter Tara.
- Judas and the Black Messiah movie review: Daniel Kaluuya and Lakeith Stanfield deliver extraordinary performances in Shaka King's politically charged film, co-produced by Ryan Coogler.
- Mika Singh talked about marriage on Indian Pro Music League. He said that he is the ‘only forever bachelor’ after Salman Khan and wishes to keep his tag for some time.
- Anushka Sharma and Virat Kohli met in a rather unconventional manner, during an ad shoot. While she was confident, he was a 'jittery and nervous'. Read the rest of the story here.
- Sharing how meeting a girl at an education programme led her to discover her bisexuality, Shonali Bose says, 'I hope, the youth today doesn’t have that shame'.