Lucky draw winners stand a chance to attend William, Kate wedding
Prince William and Kate Middleton will invite members of the public to their wedding by holding a Willy Wonka-style 'Golden Ticket' draw, reports The Sun.
Around 100 lucky winners will get to rub shoulders with royals and heads of state at the historic Westminster Abbey service on April 29.
They will also be invited to raise a toast to the future king and his queen at the lavish reception, expected to be held at Buckingham Palace, reports thesun.co.uk.
And Britain is ready for a nationwide knees-up after being given a holiday on Friday on April 29 to celebrate the wedding.The Royal couple were said to be "over the moon - on cloud nine" after the date and venue of their big day was officially announced. But they are determined ordinary folk should be given the opportunity to celebrate alongside them.
A source close to the St James' Palace planning committee revealed: "William and Kate wanted the British people involved at a deeper level than simply holding street parties. They were crystal clear on this from the outset and were delighted when the idea of a random selection was mooted. Those lucky enough to land an invitation will only find out when it drops on their doormat."
The exact method of picking which lucky members of the public are to join the Royal shindig has still to be worked out. But it will be completely at random - just like Willy Wonka's Golden Ticket draw in the British novelist Roald Dahl's classic Charlie and the Chocolate Factory.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Parineeti Chopra, on being asked about a time in her life she would like to forget, said that she would like to erase her college days as she was 'hugely overweight' at the time.
- Tanishaa Mukherji wished her sister Kajol and brother-in-law Ajay Devgn on their 2nd wedding anniversary.
- Nakuul Mehta’s wife Jankee Parekh revealed how her life has changed after the birth of their son, Sufi. She said that she is busy with mommy duties, leaving her little time for social media activities.
- Kangana Ranaut announced the release date of her upcoming Jayalalithaa biopic, Thalaivi, with a short teaser. The film, directed by AL Vijay, will release on April 23.
- BTS singer Jungkook took to Twitter and shared a selfie flaunting his blue hair. The singer caused a frenzy among fans and left a few wondering if the hair colour change has something to do with his mixtape.
- Priyanka Chopra Jonas reacted to a social media user criticised her now-viral ball-shaped outfit. Earlier, Priyanka shared a bunch of memes inspired by her dress.
- Gauahar Khan revealed her father has been admitted to a hospital. The actor took to Instagram and shared pictures of how her husband Zaid Darbar and in-laws are supporting her.
Birthday girl Sanya Malhotra: In my fifth year in Bollywood, it’s surreal, can’t believe I am living my dream
- Ayushmann Khurrana made sure to interact with his fans in Shillong by promptly coming down to meet them after they gathered at his Shillong hotel. Watch here