Rahul Vaidya says proposal to Disha Parmar on Bigg Boss 14 was not a PR strategy: ‘That’s not how I play’
- Bigg Boss 14 runner-up Rahul Vaidya said that his proposal to Disha Parmar on the show was not a publicity gimmick. He said that he could not fake 'special emotions' to garner votes.
One of the biggest highlights in singer Rahul Vaidya’s Bigg Boss 14 journey was his proposal on national television. On actor Disha Parmar’s birthday, he went down on one knee and asked her to marry him. In a new interview, he has denied that his grand romantic gesture was a publicity gimmick.
Rahul, who narrowly lost the Bigg Boss 14 trophy to Rubina Dilaik, said that he would ‘never fake (his) most special emotions for votes’.
When asked if his proposal and comments on nepotism were a ‘PR strategy’ to grab eyeballs, Rahul told indianexpress.com, “No comments at all. I think people pursue things in the way they are. I will never fake my most special emotions for votes or strategy. That’s not how I play. I believe in winning with dignity and losing with grace.”
Rahul realised his feelings for Disha inside the Bigg Boss house and proposed to her on her birthday in November last year. He requested her to convey her decision to the makers, so he could be informed. She came on the show in a Valentine’s Day-special episode and said yes.
Meanwhile, Rahul’s mother Geeta Sawant earlier revealed that the families are planning a June wedding. She said that preparations are in full swing.
Disha joined Rahul and his loved ones at his house on Monday night to celebrate his return after Bigg Boss 14. She shared two photos with him from the party and wrote on Instagram, “My trophy is Home! @rahulvaidyarkv.” He posted the same pictures on his Instagram page and wrote, “Back to my Direction (Meri Disha) #cutie.”
In an Instagram live after the Bigg Boss 14 finale, Rahul responded to a fan, who remarked that Disha is ‘so pretty’. “I know, right? Kabhi kabhi toh main khud hi darr jaata hoon, itni pretty ladki hai, itne log dore daalte hai uske upar (Sometimes, I get scared because she is so pretty and so many people are eyeing her),” he said.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- In a viral video, Rahul Vaidya of Bigg Boss 14 is seen narrating an incident about how he met Shah Rukh Khan's son Aryan at a city lounge and how the singer was impressed by star kid's humility and patience.
- Aly Goni has posted a new photo with close friend and Bigg Boss 14 co-contestant Jasmin Bhasin. Check it out here.
- Former Bigg Boss 14 contestant Kavita Kaushik has shared screenshots of the abusive messages she received on social media. "Call them out! Expose them!" Kavita wrote.
- Kishwer Merchant and Suyyash Rai announced on Tuesday that they are expecting their first child. Check out their Instagram posts.
- Amazon Prime Video has issued a new apology over the legal cases surrounding the political drama Tandav. Read it here.
- Late Pratyusha Banerjee's ex-boyfriend, Rahul Raj Singh, has said that he is waiting for the day that karma punishes Kamya Panjabi and Vikas Gupta. Both Vikas and Kamya have spoken against Rahul in Pratyusha's suicide case.
- Rubina Dilaik, Abhinav Shukla, Nikki Tamboli, Arshi Khan, and Jaan Kumar Sanu attended a Bigg Boss 14 bash thrown by Rahul Mahajan and his wife, Natalya.
- Bigg Boss 14 contestant Jasmin Bhasin took to Twitter to urge her fans to not spread negativity. Her tweet came amid social media wars between her fans and those of Rubina Dilaik.
- Cricketer-turned-actor Salil Ankola shares how he was rushed to the hospital after facing breathlessness, soon after testing positive for coronavirus.
- Rubina Dilaik shared a throwback swimsuit photo of herself and said that she really wants to go on a vacation. However, her husband Abhinav Shukla had a funny response.
- Rakhi Sawant hosted a party on Monday, which was attended by a number of her Bigg Boss 14 co-contestants, including Nikki Tamboli, Jaan Kumar Sanu, Vikas Gupta and Rahul Mahajan.
- Prince Harry has said that his and wife Meghan Markle's decision to take a step back from the royal family was exacerbated by a desire to not have history repeat itself. He did not want to be overwhelmed by media scrutiny in the way that his mother, Diana, was.
- Nikki Tamboli has both defended and made certain clarifications about accusing Jaan Kumar Sanu of kissing her on Bigg Boss 14.