A brand new Katrina Kaif post her break up with Ranbir Kapoor
Often, the closure of a relationship helps people turn over a new leaf in life. This is turning out to be true for the newly-single Katrina Kaif, who recently broke up with actor Ranbir Kapoor. The actor who kept her fashion picks agonisingly predictable in the name of keeping it safe is now making uninhibited choices.
Be it her fiery crimson hair, the knife-pleated colourful skirt or the magenta flower print gown she recently wore, she has undergone a style revamp. Her recent fashion picks are breezy, fun and light-hearted. There’s buzz that she’ll also be piercing her belly button.
Now, that’s a Katrina we hardly know!
Experts say it could be that Katrina is helping herself let go of the past. “Reinventing one’s style after a breakup is a coping mechanism that helps a person convert painful emotions into happy ones. People do things to feel good and save them from the feeling of loss and pain,” says psychologist Pulkit Sharma.
Also, at times one feels liberated after a relationship ends. “This leads to people discovering a part of themselves, they didn’t know existed. This natural healing mechanism helps them unravel their true personality,” adds Sharma.
Style experts applaud Katrina’s willingness to experiment. “Her fashion choices are fun-filled and cheery. She seems to be in a happy, carefree state of mind,” says designer Anupama Dayal.
Designer Rina Dhaka approves of Kat’s recent choices. “We are sometimes so caught up in seeking approval from our partner that we suppress our inner self. It’s great that Katrina is now making efforts to transform her looks. With a face and body like hers, a little effort can achieve great results. She was afraid of taking fashion risks, but seems like she has finally found the courage to fight her fears,” says the designer.
Our attempts to reach Katrina for a comment did not meet with a response.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Sara Ali Khan’s white ruffle cold-shoulder playsuit at Manish Malhotra’s house party last month made jaws drop in awe and set the mercury soaring but the good news is that you can add the ravishing ensemble to your vacay wardrobe too without burning a hole in your pocket
- Bhagyashree gives fans a sneak-peek into her kitchen as she prepares organic oil to nourish her hair, claims it reduces hairfall when applied atleast once every week | Watch
- Hina Khan recently took to her social media and shared images of herself wearing a purple and pink tracksuit. We are guessing that this is what Barbie would look like in athleisure.
- For her flight, Kiara Advani opted for an extremely comfy attire and wore an all-black velvet tracksuit. The Kabir Singh actor added a hint of elan to it with her high-end cross-body bag.
- Shanaya Kapoor oozes charms as she lays fashion inspiration, for resort wear this summer season, in a sizzling floral mini dress which is sure to make heads turns
- For her cousin's haldi ceremony in the Maldives, the Ek Villain actor Shraddha Kapoor opted to wear a white and sea blue lehenga choli set and look absolutely breathtaking.