A different shotgun
She recently won the best student award for her participation at the Chrysalis show for SNDT University. But the trophy sits lightly on the shoulders of Sonakshi Sinha who’s just 19 years old. And honest enough to share the credit with her fellow classmates Sana Qazilbash and Tejal Samel, who participated with her.
“I am thrilled for words, I didn’t even expect it. Normally such things leak out in the campus, the news was kept hush,” beams Sinha. Although she hails from a filmi family, she says that her parents had no qualms about her career decision. “Whatever I chose to do, they’ve always maintained that I work my own way up,” she says.
After winning the acclaim, the youngster was a part of the three-day preview held at Amara in which all the winning students of the Chrysallis had a chance to showcase their collection.
“We had our clothes racked amongst all the big designers like Wendell Rodricks, Shahab Durazi and Raghuvendra Rathod. It was a great feeling. I received appreciation from many people and some of the buyers even bought a few bags and accessories,” informs Sinha.
Her list of favourite designers is short – Savio Jon and Dev R Nil. That explains that Sinha thinks individually and does not follow the herd. “I like clothes that are non fussy and experimental and the two designers do just do that,” she says.
She also shared a word of appreciation for the designer cum artist – James Ferreira. “James is a sweetheart. He was there with us for the SNDT show and guided us throughout.”
Big Apple calling?
Sinha’s aim for the future is clear. She would like to go abroad and get another degree from a reputed fashion school in New York or London.
After that she would like to come back to India and start her career in designing for Hindi films. “Eventually that will be a suitable career option for me,” she concludes.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- For a photo shoot, Vidya Balan wore a purple pinstripe dress with a mauve jacket and opted to go sans-accessories. The Kahaani actor taught us how to channel a fierce vibe with our glam in new pics.
- Shanaya Kapoor shared images from her impromptu at-home photo shoot with fans on Instagram. The photo shoot was a family affair, as Arjun Kapoor turned stylist and Khushi Kapoor edited the images and delivered the final product.
- Say goodbye to your winter clothes cause it's time to slay in some gorgeous floral print mini skirts and tops like Hina Khan. The actor recently shared images of herself wearing a summery co-ord set and we love it.
- Leaving fans hooked with her saree chronicles, Janhvi Kapoor serves another sensuous look from Manish Malhotra’s collection in an ivory-coloured six yards of elegance as she promotes her upcoming film ‘Roohi’ on Day 4
- Want to set mercury soaring when going for lunch or an evening out? Take fashion cues from Aditi Rao Hydari’s romantic steamy look for The Girl on The Train promotions in a pink strappy twisted bustier teamed with wide-leg pants that look flirty enough to add drama to our summer closet
- Kriti Sanon recently gave us outfit goals as she stepped out in a bodycon denim romper with white accessories for casual outing. We can't help but marvel at the choices of the fashionista.
- For her much anticipated interview with the media mogul, Oprah Winfrey, Meghan Markle wore a black silk dress and showed that she knows how to do maternity fashion right.
- Janhvi Kapoor recently stepped out in an ethereal flowy dress for a promotional event of her upcoming film Roohi. The dress that is worth ₹22k is one of our favourite looks donned by the actor.