Anushka Sharma told designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee these two things about her wedding looks
Actor Anushka Sharma is totally unapologetic and uncompromising when it comes to her style sense. An absolute trendsetter, Sharma isn’t bound by one particular fashion trend and is open to explore and experiment with quite a few silhouettes, patterns, textures and colours. Understated and chic, Sharma has always looked elegant in whatever she wears and doesn’t compromise on sticking to her sense of personal style. Be it a traditional silhouette or a shift dress, street style wear or formal looks, she keeps it to the point and mostly shows up in a comfortable, classic and elegant fashion.
The Zero actor had a fairytale wedding in Tuscany with cricketer Virat Kohli in 2017 followed by wedding receptions in Delhi and Mumbai. Sharma chose a pastel palette for her wedding day and the pink lehenga created by designer Sabyasachi Mukherjee looking beautiful and complemented Sharma’s elegance. She wore a red Benarasi saree from the same label for her Delhi reception and it worked beautifully for Sharma. In a recent interview with Vogue India, Sharma revealed some specific details about her wedding wear. “When I met Sabyasachi [Mukherjee] I told him very clearly that for my wedding look I wanted to go with pale pink. I didn’t want to do a traditional red because it was a day wedding. I envisioned pastel colours, flowers. The vibe was such—not too much”, the actor shared.
Also Watch | Virat Kohli & Anushka Sharma steal a moment at a Delhi event
For one of her reception looks, Sharma revealed, “I told Sabya I wanted to do a traditional red Benarasi sari and I wanted to do it with the sindoor, the heavy traditional jewellery, all of that... And I think he was also very excited by the Benarasi red. I remember having a conversation with him where he said, ‘You know, nowadays a lot of girls wear gowns at their reception and I thought you’d ask me for something like that’ and I said, ‘No, I want to wear an Indian sari at my reception”, the Zero actor added further.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- Want to make a fashion statement in office while sticking to an easy fit no-fuss garment? Look no further as Bhumi Pednekar sorts your fashion woes with her radiant look in a dirt yellow and beige jumpsuit that is sure to steal all the spotlight at work
- 13-time PGA Tour winner, Justin Thomas was dropped as an ambassador by the fashion brand Ralph Lauren on Friday, after the golfer was caught uttering a homophobic slur last Saturday during a tournament.
- For Makar Sankranti celebrations at her home, Aditi Rao Hydari wore a breathtakingly beautiful anarkali suit that featured an exquisite floral print.
- Karisma Kapoor exudes the richness of sartorial traditions as she nails work from home fashion in a vibrant ready-to-wear handmade midi dress, in romantic pink hue, by Anita Dongre and we are smitten
- Sonam Kapoor Ahuja proves to be ahead of the fashion curve yet again as she looks like a dream while flaunting a sensual and generous silhouette in Stephane Rolland’s Imperial China inspired gown, ravishing pictures set the Internet ablaze
- Milan Fashion Week 2021: Though Dolce & Gabbana have withdrawn from the four-day men's fashion event, brands like Fendi, Etro and Kway are opting to broadcast live shows while Ermenegildo Zegna, Tod's, Prada and Church's have opted for pre-records as rising Covid-19 cases dampen the buzz in Italy
- Looking for a picnic date outfit to make a statement? Hina Khan is giving some inspiration in her white sheer lace dress. The actor, known for her impeccable sartorial sense, recently shared stunning images of herself and we are speechless.
- Janhvi Kapoor has made a name for herself as a fashionista. Time and again, the actor wears an outfit and inspires us to upgrade our wardrobe. This time, she is teaching us the correct way to do layering during winter season.
- Nora Fatehi again made headlines as she stepped out wearing a gorgeous beige kaftan dress. The dancer gave elegance a new meaning with her regal outfit.