Beauty tip, matcha tea can prevent skin ageing, give you glowing skin
Matcha tea is not just good for your health, it also does wonders for your skin. Hare are some of its major benefits.fashion and trends Updated: Jun 02, 2018 15:03 IST
You may not like the taste of matcha tea but its benefits — helpful for de-stressing, as a source of antioxidants, an ingredient in beauty products — may just convince you. Sonia Narang, nutritionist and wellness expert, Oriflame India; Chef Yutaka Saito, executive chef, Simply Sushi; Rishav Kanoi, founder at The Tea Trove, and Shikhee Agrawal, Head-Training, The Body Shop India; list a few of its benefits:
* Matcha is loaded with 60% catechin, which is a powerful antioxidant and can be a great anti-pollution mask, a cleanser, toner, face wash or scrub. Matcha green tea comprises amino acid theanine, a safest sipper detox drink for conditions of pigmentation, acne or ageing.
* Matcha contains more disease-fighting antioxidants than superfoods like pomegranates and berries.
* It contains polyphenols and catechin which promotes relaxation.
* It helps in prevention and treatment of medical conditions, including bacterial, fungal, and viral infections.
* Matcha can match the treatment of acne as it decreases sebum protection and can reduce fine lines and wrinkle issues. It also prevents cell damage, which results in premature skin ageing.
* Helps in maintaining cardiovascular health and gastrointestinal health.
* It helps in detoxification which leads to a stronger immune system.
* It protects from harmful UV rays that lead to premature graying of hair and ageing. It is an energy booster and stimulates dead skin cells. Ingredients like rose water, dandelion extracts, lemongrass essential oil, coconut oil, yogurt and honey when mixed with matcha tea do wonders for the skin.
* Some of the matcha teas available in the market include:
* Mint matcha tea: If you’re a mint lover, mint matcha tea will give you a distinctive flavour and a cooling effect which improves digestion. It’s refreshing, maintains hormonal balance, and healthy blood pressure. As mint is a powerful appetiser, matcha mint tea is recommended to prevent morning sickness during pregnancy. Have it as a hot beverage or as a cold beverage. It is rejuvenating, acts as a stress reliever and prevents anaemia.
* Cinnamon matcha tea: If you suffer from bad breath, instead of opting for artificial sweeteners, consume this healthy drink to treat the condition. As it is completely organic, it helps in fighting cancer and improves brain activity. It also cures stomach ulcers and chronic cough.
Here is a recipe to make matcha ice-cream at home:
30 ml Heavy cream
180 ml Milk
2 gm Matcha powder
1 gm Vanilla pods
Procedure for four portions: Heat up the milk in a pot. Add sugar to hot milk and whisk it. Add eggs and matcha (green tea) powder. Pour the mixture in an ice cream churner, and follow as directed by churner instructions.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more
First Published: Jun 01, 2018 12:28 IST