Beauty tips, 12 easy ways to switch your skincare regime based on the season
Every season brings with it a different set of skin characteristics and problems. It can get hard to keep up with the ever-changing beauty regime, but it is extremely important as the same regime can damage the skin in several ways. Bindiya Gupta, beauty expert at personal care brand Organic Harvest, and Sharad Kulkarni, in-house doctor at Kama Ayurveda, list some skincare tips to keep up with the changing seasons:
* C-T-M for all seasons: The routine of cleansing-toning-moisturising remains the same in all seasons with variations only in product types. Summers call for deep-clean cleansers. Monsoon require shine and glow cleansers whereas winters call for mild cleansers along with intense moisturising. Toner with green cucumber and tea would be best for hotter weather and to keep acne at bay. It is important to make sure the product being used in your beauty regime is organic as it helps the skin maintain its hydration but also treats it from within as the ingredients are in the purest form.
* Season specific SPF: Sunscreen is a must-have and remains the same for all seasons, but monsoon requires a water-proof sunscreen.
* Night time skincare: As skin is the most active at night, it is important to use a nourishing night cream. An organic night cream not only maintains the moisture but also helps delay ageing.
* Scrub it off: An organic anti-tan scrub is important for summers, whereas a regular organic exfoliating scrub is prefect for monsoon and winter. But be careful while scrubbing skin when it’s rough and dry.
* Must-have lip balm: Lip balms’ importance remains constant throughout but a shea butter lip balm would work like magic, especially in winters.
* Oiling the hair and/or body massages are necessary for health, flexibility, strength and vitality, and should be included in one’s regime every season.
* It is not wise to change the entire range of products/brands being used suddenly, as this may lead to untoward effects.
* The amount and frequency of moisturisation should be adapting to the fluctuating temperatures of the changing seasons. The same applies to cleansing regimes which may be more frequent during summer.
* Summer and monsoon bring increased potential for infections. Thus, adequate hygiene has to be maintained internally and externally.
* Toning suits the needs of all seasons as it helps purify clogged skin pores and minimise the enlarged appearance for a smoother, younger-looking complexion.
* It is advised that any product or methodologies adopted should not be overused.
* Excessive use of make-up during transitioning seasons should be avoided.
Follow @htlifeandstyle for more