Coats, Knits, Stoles, Boots: Work wear essentials for winters
The winter season brings with itself fashion woes for daily office goers. Acing your style game in winter can be tricky, especially when it comes to work-wear. However, it does not mean you have to give up on your personal style to adjust to the temperamental climate and swap them for unappealing alternatives.
To clear the confusion, Ayushi Gudwani, Founder and CEO of FableStreet, a professional wear brand for women, and Carl Virk, Director, Carlton London share their pick of work wear essentials (apparel and footwear) for this winter season.
*A do-it-all stole: Multi-functional pieces are a sigh of relief amidst the bulky winter clothing that takes up major space in your closet. A warm stole that can double as a neck warmer and cardigan is your best bet this season. Invest in a neutral piece that can be paired with the comforting palette of winter clothing and is warm enough to keep you cozy.
* Solid knits: Knitted pullovers in solid colours are a must in your wardrobe as they are versatile in nature and compliment a variety of looks, if paired appropriately. Choose knits with a delicate texture in various colours. This is a great way to add edginess to your outfit while keeping it office appropriate. You can further accentuate your look by layering these with structured jackets / coats, cardigans, shrugs and much more.
* Trench coats: Trench coats are ‘it’ this winter season. After being all the rage in western countries, the trench coat trend has also appeared in the Indian wardrobes. Their timeless appeal makes them one of the most sought after winter friendly garment for office goers. Trench coats not only add form and structure to your attire but also are effortlessly stylish.
* Wool blend lowers: Layered leggings may sound like fun in winters, but they hardly qualify as formal wear in most offices. To reduce your distress of wearing regular lowers during the winter months, you can indulge in wool blend trousers and skirts that keep you warm. Select pieces in deep colours such as grey, burgundy, navy, etcetera and pair them with classic knits, silk shirts and blazers.
* Knee-high boots: The classics that never go out of style rise to the knee, or slightly there under. They are generally tighter around the leg shaft and ankle and fit easily at the top. They are mostly made of leather and are also available in suede. Pair up these boots with a pullover and a formal skirt to jazz up your work wear.
* Ankle boots: The most commonly worn fashion boots and are usually paired with trousers. These are available for both men and women. These boots are a perfect combination of style and comfort, and can easily be paired with dresses, skirts, jackets and blazers.
* Oxford shoe: A lace up shoe that has the bottom of lacing section sewn closed and one that also has the eyelet facings stitched underneath the vamp (front section of the shoe). These shoes are extremely popular amongst both men and women and are always recommended to pair up with a formal set of outfit for your work place.
* Pumps: The most preferred shoe style amongst the working women. These shoes are available in both wedges and heels which perfectly go with any outfit. Pumps are also known as Court shoes, a shoe with low-cut front line with either quilted silk or plain leather mostly trimmed with braid at the opening. Pumps can be paired with skirts, dresses, trousers and are perfect for work meetings, weekend brunches or Saturday nights.
Enter your email to get our daily newsletter in your inbox
- ‘Ready Shetty Go’: Shilpa Shetty Kundra dolls up in a handcrafted red and white Bandhani shirt and skirt on Women’s Day 2021 to shoot for another episode of Super Dancer Chapter 4 and fans can’t stop swooning over her outfit of the day
- Janhvi Kapoor and Kriti Sanon were spotted during their casual day outs in Mumbai. Both the actors opted to wear similar outfits which included a basic top teamed with a pair of distressed denims. That is not all, they even went for similar accessories and were seen wearing black footwear and carrying tote bags. We are a fan of this casual look as well. What about you?
- Shraddha Kapoor shared pictures of herself looking like a dream in a gorgeous golden and blue lehenga choli set at the wedding ceremony of her cousin Priyaank Sharma with Shaza Morani. However, the stunning outfit was made by a brand that has been co-founded by her masi Padmini Kohlapure.
- Singham star Kajal Aggarwal makes jaws drop in awe as she remains at the top of her fashion game in a wine discharge print organza saree while looking forward to a grand release of Mosagallu and one of her highly anticipated movies of Tollywood, Acharya
- Priyanka Chopra recently shared an image of herself wearing a beautiful turtle-neck sweater. The special thing about it was that the jumper was knitted by the actor's mom, Madhu Chopra while she was staying in London.
- Want to make the traffic stop and bae go weak in the knees on your next date night? Take fashion cues from Parineeti Chopra’s latest smoking hot look for Marathi Filmfare Awards 2021’s red carpet, in a backless sequinned midi dress, which has set the mercury soaring like never before
- Athleisure has made its way into our wardrobes and it is here to stay. Celebrities also love a good lounge wear set which they can wear at home and also run last minute errands in. However, Disha Patani and Kiara Advani are giving athleisure a summer twist with bright and bold colours and we love it.
- Mouni Roy recently shared images from a new photo shoot wearing a gorgeous bright red kurta, ijaar pants and bandhani dupatta. She looked like a dreamy dulhan in the images. All the brides-to-be take note.
- Model and celebrity chef Chrissy Teigen made her desi fans extremely happy as she danced to the Varun Dhawan and Parineeti Chopra starrer Bollywood song Jaaneman Aah from the film Dishoom.
- Nora Fatehi has a collection of dresses that ranges from minis to everything you can think of. The fashionista, who is often snapped in a beautiful attire, loves a good dress and we always end up taking inspiration from her sartorial picks.
- The high-end fashion house Dolce&Gabbana had filed a defamation suit against an Instagram account in the Italian court in 2019 and are seeking USD 600 million in damages.